Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

What’s the first thing you’d buy if you won the lottery? That would be a really sweet guitar amp for me.
A house, a detached house somewhere leafy and not in close proximity to nightmare neighbours. Very middle-aged, I know.

Edit: just seen NP's answers. Don't feel as middle aged now. Or else NP is an old fart in a young body.

I just googled the population of the United Kingdom and the first number that came up was 66.6 million. So that's where Maiden got their inspiration from. :)

Edit: just seen NP's answers. Don't feel as middle aged now. Or else NP is an old fart in a young body.
You mean this one, right?
I'd tell you what I'd do, man. Two chicks at the same time, man.

Is it just me, or does the guitar lick on Paradise by the Dashboard Light after "deep, dark night" sound really weird on the original?

It sounds better on the slow version.

Yeah, I can hear a bit of a wobble on the notes, but I think it's just an issue with the video, I checked the actual CD and it sounds fine.

Yeah, I can hear a bit of a wobble on the notes, but I think it's just an issue with the video, I checked the actual CD and it sounds fine.
Hmm... [checks Spotify] you're right!

Anyway, give the playlist a listen! It feels like a 70's pop rock record.

Came in from work this evening and got a shock:
The boyfriend is now completely bald ...
Unbeknown to me he had decided to buy some clippers and try to cut his own hair. However, being a bloke he (by his own admission) didn't read the instructions properly, ended up with a bald strip, thought "oh well ..." and with no more ado proceeded to remove what was left. Then went over it with his normal razor to make absolutely sure it was then even all over ...
:eek:

Came in from work this evening and got a shock:
The boyfriend is now completely bald ...
Unbeknown to me he had decided to buy some clippers and try to cut his own hair. However, being a bloke he (by his own admission) didn't read the instructions properly, ended up with a bald strip, thought "oh well ..." and with no more ado proceeded to remove what was left. Then went over it with his normal razor to make absolutely sure it was then even all over ...
:eek:
1611090294998.png

Speaking of mutton chops - actually, wifey always thought she wouldn't hate anything more than the so called "friendly muttonchops", as seen on e. g. Duane Allman or Lemmy in the rock/metal millieu...

However, just recently we came across this old Czech TV series, which gave us what I can only call - for lack of a better word - "unfriendly muttonchops", I guess?

1611092382459.png

It's the whole deal, not just the facial hair, but the episode where this guy is being desperately chased and flirted with by a much younger woman (about a decade, at least seemingly) and it's all played completely straight was ... bizarre, to say the least.

Last edited:
Back