Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance

obi wan.gif

IIRC, as far as music primarily aimed at angsty teenagers goes, The Black Parade was pretty good. I would still rank it below American Idiot, with all its admited Who-isms and arguably more of a pleasant outview and more genuine emotions, but in retrospect, both MCR and Fall Out Boy should have had much better reputation than they had at the time.

I would still rank it below American Idiot
What a coincidence - that's the album I plan on listening to next! My friend and I had a 'cultural exchange' of sorts. I agreed to listen to The Black Parade, and she agreed to listen to Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. It's interesting how her favourite songs on The Black Parade are pretty much my least favourite.

both MCR and Fall Out Boy should have had much better reputation than they had at the time
Hmm, I never thought much of Fall Out Boy. Maybe their deep cuts are better than their radio hits?

I probably would! Title track is great but I haven’t heard anything beyond it.
Right now, the title track is probably my favourite, but it's hard to categorise. Its mood is very different from the rest of the album.

I quite enjoy Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. Not as keen on Black Parade onwards.
I'll add that one to the list!

If Paddy’s accident involved sleeping pills or poisoning, would that make it a Chemical Divorce...? :ahhh:

If the chemistry is right, biological drives make people get physical. The math checks out.
My friends and I used to write teenage girl wisecrack lines like this when I was 13 in each other's memory scrapbooks (popularly known as lexicons of all things).

So tell us, do opposites attract or repel? Wait, that’s physics...
When the scale gets small enough, chemistry is also physics :D

You could say that on a "bulk" scale, similar stuff mixes more easily. For example, oil does not mix easily with water, but other compounds consisting of small polar molecules (e.g. light alcohols) do mix easily with water .

Salts dissolve easily in water, but not in oil.

But on a small scale, i.e. molecule to molecule, or part of molecule to part of another molecule, opposites do attract each other. For example, the oxygen in water holds a small negative charge, the hydrogen atoms hold a small positive charge. This causes a slight attraction between the hydrogen atoms in one molecule and the oxygen in another, creating an attraction between the molecules. Mind you, this attraction (so called hydrogen bond) is much weaker than the internal bonds in the water molecule. They form and break many times every second.

When the scale gets small enough, chemistry is also physics :D

You could say that on a "bulk" scale, similar stuff mixes more easily. For example, oil does not mix easily with water, but other compounds consisting of small polar molecules (e.g. light alcohols) do mix easily with water .

Salts dissolve easily in water, but not in oil.

But on a small scale, i.e. molecule to molecule, or part of molecule to part of another molecule, opposites do attract each other. For example, the oxygen in water holds a small negative charge, the hydrogen atoms hold a small positive charge. This causes a slight attraction between the hydrogen atoms in one molecule and the oxygen in another, creating an attraction between the molecules. Mind you, this attraction (so called hydrogen bond) is much weaker than the internal bonds in the water molecule. They form and break many times every second.
That is all great and hopefully I’ll remember that in the future but what about people?!

Back