Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

^I thought reading the small print had all to do with having good lawyers, being paranoid, or both.
Not paranoid, just sensible. They can hide all sorts of dodgy stuff in there. The most dubious thing I ever saw hidden in small text (and it was really small, like, vanishingly small, in pale grey, and the only small text in the document) was on a booking for an engineer to do PAT testing for the modest sum of £5. The vanishingly small grey text read "In addition to the PAT testing, our engineer will also test your sockets for an additional charge of £30. If you do not wish this test to be done [emphasis mine], please tell the engineer when he arrives." That's only borderline legal.

Ho Lee Fook.
I know ...

If anyone had challenged them I don't think they would have had a leg to stand on - I'm guessing that their business model would probably have been to refund if anyone argued (to avoid being possibly sued and forced to change it) and rely on most people not bothering for the sake of £30. But when you consider how those £30's will add up its clearly going to be a considerable moneyspinner for them, while they continue to get away with it.

Our client paid them £35 :mad:

Not paranoid, just sensible. They can hide all sorts of dodgy stuff in there. The most dubious thing I ever saw hidden in small text (and it was really small, like, vanishingly small, in pale grey, and the only small text in the document) was on a booking for an engineer to do PAT testing for the modest sum of £5. The vanishingly small grey text read "In addition to the PAT testing, our engineer will also test your sockets for an additional charge of £30. If you do not wish this test to be done [emphasis mine], please tell the engineer when he arrives." That's only borderline legal.

Considering the fact it was probably an adhesion contract (I'd guess), it definitely wouldn't be legal here (Czechia). Or, well, this particular stipulation would be invalid.

EDIT: Which you kinda covered in your second post, obviously...

Greetings from CZ. Two of my Greek roommates and me.

86395165_188573998872675_4643826873611059200_n.jpg

Greetings from CZ. Two of my Greek roommates and me.

86395165_188573998872675_4643826873611059200_n.jpg

Ah, I know that square.

„This old town been home long as I remember
This town gonna be here long after I’m gone.
East side west side take a close look ‘round her
You been down but you’re still in my bones.“

- The Michael Stanley Band

EDIT: Funny fact - If you shot the picture just a wee bit to the right you'd see a KFC in the background - one of my oldest photos of my wife was taken there, on a date when we were visiting my parents.

Back