Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Currently working on a crashed server for one of our clients. Server crashed because someone let their 3 year old run around the IT room and the kid flipped power supply off buttons and restarted everything he could find.

Hilarious.

Currently working on a crashed server for one of our clients. Server crashed because someone let their 3 year old run around the IT room and the kid flipped power supply off buttons and restarted everything he could find.

Hilarious.
What an appallingly spoilt child.

I though I was going to have a nice quite day at work today, as everyone except me was absent for one reason or another. Silly me - the boss was in and I arrived to find him doing a headless chicken impression, having just "blown up" a toner cartridge. There was no spare - needless to say he expected me to wave a magic wand and make one appear.

Life would be so much easier if we could just remove the need for paid employment ...

I didn't end up going to London 2017, but I did go to the Cardiff show. Ultimately, me and my friend decided not to take the risk after the terrorist attack in Manchester a few days earlier, which in retrospect, was kind of a premature move.

A couple of days ago, I ordered food. It arrived and I picked up a fork and brought it over to my room. Turned out that fork wasn't needed, but I forgot to put it back. Said "I'll probably need it in the near future anyway" and left it. Today I made breakfast and brought it over to my room. After a sigh of relief that I was finally ready to eat, I realized that I had forgotten to pick up a fork. A brief disappointment that I had to get up and get one was followed by me realizing there already was a fork on the table. The one I left there a couple of days ago, envisioning this exact situation.

Fucking meaningless story, I know. But it helps the cause.
I am going to start doing this.

I didn't end up going to London 2017, but I did go to the Cardiff show. Ultimately, me and my friend decided not to take the risk after the terrorist attack in Manchester a few days earlier, which in retrospect, was kind of a premature move.
There was police with big guns outside the O2. Was quite exciting, and we spent three days drinking, which was exhausting.

I have none. And this is Norway, where you can't buy alcohol after 20:00.
What???!!! Booze shops be open to 11pm round my way at the weekend. And the odd bar will sort ye out til 1 or 2am. And I still find that draconian.
I have only graced your land once. I was shocked and astounded at the price of booze and wondered how people got fucked up on a regular basis but this is staggering. Not only cost prohibitive but time prohibitive too. That said, you do have some of the most stunning countryside Ive ever seen. Still, I can enjoy pictures of Norway. Pictures of booze doesnt really cut it.
RE my time in Norway. My first purchase was heartburn tablets. They cost me £18 for around 12 wee purple boyos. They were weak and ineffectual. At home £2 would get me 24 tabs of much greater potency. Of course this is not my overriding memory nor my best story from my time in Norway but I see this as a public service announcement; if going to Norway, bring Rennies, for the love of God, bring Rennies.

There was police with big guns outside the O2. Was quite exciting, and we spent three days drinking, which was exhausting.
The perfect amount of days on the sauce. Two isnt enough and 4 goes beyond funny into the realm of forgetting your pre planned fake details when the police demand to know who the fuck you are and what the fuck you are doing

Back