Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Pretty sure I had like a 20 and some mod took it down hard as a joke or something.

Did it serve any purpose at any time?

Thanks everyone! :)

cornfedhick said:
Congratulations Perun!  I've been noodling around the museum's website as best I can, looks pretty interesting.  This is VERY cool:
getImage.php

Yeah, that's the Aleppo Room, a fine piece of 19th-century Ottoman-Syrian art. To me however, the most impressive piece in their collection is this:

http://images.ookaboo.com/photo/m/Mschatta_Fassade_28Pergamonmuseum_29_m.jpg

The facade of an unfinished desert palace in Jordan from the 7th century. It clearly shows the great influence Roman and Persian motifs had on Islamic art.

And now for something completely different, a typical random L.A. moment:  bumped into Neil Peart at the Borders bookstore in Century City.  Spoke very briefly to him, he was friendlier than his reputation.  Thanked him for the years of great music and said I was looking forward to the new album. 

Now that's just cool.  :ok:

Mega said:
Pretty sure I had like a 20 and some mod took it down hard as a joke or something.

Did it serve any purpose at any time?

No, we don't do that sort of stuff. If we have something to tell a member, we tell them.

Incidentally, I've personally always had a great distaste for this user rating thing. Back when it was introduced, it was still called "karma", and I told Maverick he should rename it to "user rating" because I thought that was what it was anyway, and it would help the whole thing appear as fishy as it really is. But, nobody got the irony. We might as well call it "E-peen" or whatever. Come to think of it, I don't even know my current rating.

Wasted CLV said:
"you know the party has started when IT is on the dance floor". 
My problem is that I dance like a complete and utter pleb - and as such I always refrain from dancing in public. So, the party will never get started where I'm invited.

Now, is that why I don't get the invites?

Hmmmm, I wonder who's been kicking me lately. My user rating was at a 7 last week.

Well, I just made you a 4.... the trap is set....

Come to think of it, I don't even know my current rating.

It's 1 million.

Now I'm known as the IT guy who can dance.

I'm an IT guy that can dance too, maybe we can start a boy band.  ;)

Now, is that why I don't get the invites?

No, you always take your shoes off when you dance and your feet smell.... someone had to say it.  ;)

God, God of war 3 is awesome. I really want to google some stuff about it but every single time I even think about the game I get some douche spoiling me to the moon, so I'll finish it once first.

Perun said:
No, we don't do that sort of stuff. If we have something to tell a member, we tell them.
Actually, back when I hurried up to get to 500 posts, SMX and LC just gave me a -50 rating and didn't tell me why until I asked some time later.

Going to eat the best Philly cheesesteak with home-fries in Israel.

Also GOW3's Titan mode is fucking hard.

It's actually really good.
The only other cheese steak I ate was at a fast food thing called Nathan's in the USA, and it was good but alot less.

Back