Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

So I was driving to school today with my windows down and music blaring. I hit a red light and FTGGOG was just starting, when I hear some one yell UP THE IRONS! I look over and its a dad in his mid 40s with his young kid I just gave him a the salute and a smile :)

Lately I am exploring more and more in jazz and yesterday I saw one of the funniest bad reviews ever.
This one is of the album Windjammer (1976) by trumpeter Freddie Hubbard. Especially those words which I marked bold, haha!

h41868a1lsg.jpg

This LP is (along with his Splash album on Fantasy) probably trumpeter Freddie Hubbard's worst recording. Hubbard, who is joined by a string section, five vocalists and an oversized orchestra, sounds like a parody of himself on these meaningless funk tracks. Why jazz's top trumpeter of the 1970s would allow himself to get sucked into this trashy Bob James production is debatable but there is no debate as to the merit of this fortunately out-of-print LP. This is insincere music that was dated before it was even released.

:bigsmile:

Man, a week of construction workers hammering you out of bed every morning at seven is stressful. But it's only eight more weeks to go...

Yeah, though workers actually doing maintenance work on my house is the exception, as I live in a rather calm street. ;) Usually I can sleep till eight...

That does suck.

I remember when I lived in my old house and all the construction went on.  I lived in the town that Joseph Smith, Jr. grew his religion, and my house was 2 blocks away from the ruined temple.  They decided to re-build it, so there was a summer long project of re-doing all the roads leading to it and the actual site itself.  Quite the mess.

What fun we have to look forward too as well. The towns car park (around 100 metres from my front door) is to have a shopping complex and a 2/3 storey car park built on it within the next few years.

Yep, lots of fun for you!  Be prepared to need to dust a lot.. seems that all that construction knocks around a lot of dust.

HA HA HA!!! Oh, well... that is so you can clean yourself off when you puke or piss on yourself after drinking the case.

Monday!!!  I'm off tomorrow!!!  It's supposed to be 80f!  (think thats around hi 20's c?)

Woo hoo!!!  I wanna celebrate!!!!

Back