Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Rickrolling's a new on me - I need to pay more attention to such frivolities. :D

But, I do recall this year a hoard of people descend on Liverpool Street and sang an Astley number - and left as quick as they came in. I thought it was funny - but at the same time, jeez it's only Rick Astley. He came and went as quick as this mob.

\,,/ HAPPY LITTLE, HAPPY LITTLE, HAPPY LITTLE BOOZER! \,,/ HAPPY LITTLE, HAPPY LITTLE, HAPPY LITTLE BOOZER! \,,/ HAPPY LITTLE, HAPPY LITTLE, HAPPY LITTLE BOOZER! \,,/ HAPPY LITTLE, HAPPY LITTLE, HAPPY LITTLE BOOZER! \,,/

For some reason, it's a drinking song evening. And I don't even have any alcohol here!

lagavulin_dist_edi.jpg

@Albie : speaking of drinking, I've took care of my passport, and I can travel wherever I want now

even in ....London  :devil:
and I still have this bottle
Smiley-IPB-116.gif

Bernie is a Beagle/Husky mix, that photo was taken when he was 6 weeks old, he is now 5 months old and has grown somewhat:-

002.jpg

004.jpg

013.jpg

(Jack Russell indeed, as if I've have one of those! :innocent:)

Yeah, it's really striking coming back here after being in a VERY classical city. Everything over there is a work of art, 99% of everything here is utilitarian. It's really unfortunate.

That is true--most things here, if they have any age on them, are run-down.  Seems we build things here for the short term.  Well... maybe except for your work building-- that thing should be solid.

The Pentagon is a brick shithouse but it's ugly. We could've done it much more stylishly. I did get back in time to catch the last 100 laps of the race. I didn't like how that ended at all.

Deano said:
The Pentagon is a brick shithouse but it's ugly. We could've done it much more stylishly. I did get back in time to catch the last 100 laps of the race. I didn't like how that ended at all.

I think the Pentagon is designed to withstand anything the baddies can throw at it.  Paris has this gorgeous antique architecture...most European cities do.

Deano said:

Yeah, I wasn't so impressed either, with the race.

LooseCannon said:
I think the Pentagon is designed to withstand anything the baddies can throw at it.  Paris has this gorgeous antique architecture...most European cities do.

It seems that Europe was built for style.  The US is built to keep the rain off.

Oh yeah, I'm not complaining.... or trying to anyway....  :D

It was just a very powerful cultural tour for me, particularly Sunday at Belleau Wood.

Its cool that you got to see that.  While you were running around Paris, drinking wine and schmoozing french women, I was mowing my yard.

While you were running around Paris, drinking wine and schmoozing french women, I was mowing my yard.

Surprisingly enough, I did neither. I had very limited time, so I just walked around and took in the sites and the history. I had one Heineken and other than "Bonjour" or "Bonsoir" did not speak to any French women at all (although, my god!, there were times when I was just wishing that I could become instantly fluent in French).

Back