Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Jer

The dotage of a dotard
Uh oh, looks like @Magnus needs to trade in his DPRK crush for the newer model…

skynews-kimg-jong-un-north-korea_5970770.jpg

Brigantium

General of the Dark Army
Staff member
Am I a bad person because I get annoyed by my colleague's breathing?

I'm pretty sure I am, but I can't help it.
Misophonia? Distress or spontaneous rage caused by something that's intrusive to you. It's worse in a confined space like a small office.

Saapanael

Ancient Mariner
I realised that "huile d'olive" in French and "will to live" in English have quite similar pronunciations. Then I thought of a sketch where an Englishman tells a Frenchman that he's lost his will to live. The Frenchman understands that the Englishman has lost a bottle of olive oil (huile d'olive), which for him is a tragedy equal to losing one's will to live. "Quelle tragédie, let me see if I have an extra bottle somewhere..." and so on.

Edington

Last Son of The Miracle
Am I a bad person because I get annoyed by my colleague's breathing?

Two of my colleagues annoy me to no end with their mouth sounds; one eats very loudly and the other has a yawn like a death-rattle. I'm too polite to say anything so I'll most likely just end up losing my shit one day and screaming at them both.

Brigantium

General of the Dark Army
Staff member
Here's one I heard today. I was at an arts workshop, which was about songwriting today, and we were asked what music we like.

Someone made the observation that metal is 'druggie music', and others agreed. Was considering a nerdy response involving chord progressions, drumming patterns and musical layers, then decided against it.

____no5

Free Man
Hey! Thanks man :)

Man I got lucky today. I made a mistake and I'm in the middle of a huge crossroad the light is red and I am really somewhere I should not be, in the middle of the traffic. So I can't go fwd I can't go backwards I see the policeman in my rear mirror and pray they will not see/catch me before the light turns green.

The time pass in a torturing slow pace and by the time I'm counting seconds for the light to turn green, I hear toc toc on my window. Fuck. So he is really pissed off with me shouting what I think I'm doing and all, I play the card that I don't understand anything (well, I don't) and reply to him in English.
He continues to shout in Chinese, I shout (politely, but shouting) in English, repeat 2 -3 times and then I give him my driving licence hoping to escape.

He takes it, look at it for 5 seconds, completely calms down for a reason, he gives me back and leaves.

Man that was 6 points deduction (out of 12) I just escaped. Pheww.

____no5

Free Man
Also my new manager took me for lunch and we shared a massive t-bone stake, 2 minutes walking distance from the office, good to know there's such a good restaurant so close to the work.

Unfortunately I have calls tonight so I can't celebrate properly but from tomorrow and up to Sunday there's everyday a good dinner or two. Not all for my birthday, but still. And there's particularly little time to run.. I'm in for gaining 2 kilos at least.

____no5

Free Man
Well, bad timing I had to work something like 15 hours but it was very fun, efficient & effortless-like. Meaning that despite working hard, facing clients and leading urgent tasks, I was like being "in the zone" like if I was playing a game with my friends, totally relaxed inside. I even managed to run 5k in the end.
It's very often I work in this way lately and it's very pleasant experience when it happens.