Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

My computer mouse died. I have a favorite model which I always buy and it's getting harder and harder to track it down, so when I finally found it, I bought two.

Before throwing away the one that died, I tried it again and it miraculously came back to life.

At least the new ones were not too expensive and I'm set for a few years in the computer mouse category.
Since Apple's wireless "magic mouse" I came out I can't long click to choose left or right channels only in Logic. I tried everything, and it just doesn't work, and there's seems no other way to do it, which is strange, cause Logic is from Apple. So I went back to the cable-mouse, but then Apple stopped selling them, so now I have a second (Logitech) mouse, just for that one task.

Since Apple's wireless "magic mouse" I came out I can't long click to choose left or right channels only in Logic. I tried everything, and it just doesn't work, and there's seems no other way to do it, which is strange, cause Logic is from Apple. So I went back to the cable-mouse, but then Apple stopped selling them, so now I have a second (Logitech) mouse, just for that one task.

I'm an Apple person but their "magic" mouse is such a crap. Form over function, classic bad old Johnny Ive legacy.
I use Logitech MX Master 3 which has many physical buttons & configurable functions via Logitech Options software. Plus it can switch & copy paste between PC & Mac which comes ultra handy for my work flow.

EDIT: Image added.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Logitech are always the good buy. The best mouse I ever had was a Logitech.

yhst-90432262887525_2272_438797143

20 years ago, time does indeed fly. The mouse is probably a few years older as in late 90s vintage. Features? About 2m of cable on it. Quite a feature.

My computer mouse died. I have a favorite model which I always buy and it's getting harder and harder to track it down, so when I finally found it, I bought two.

Before throwing away the one that died, I tried it again and it miraculously came back to life.

At least the new ones were not too expensive and I'm set for a few years in the computer mouse category.
I'd buy a ton of them and be set for life.

Interesting how 20 years ago a 2m cable would be perceived as sexy and "wireless" and 20 years later, wired & disgusting :D

Well the mouse I have now, I linked the website, the cable length is still advertised as feature :) So it depends on the market. "Gaming" equipment you'll still find cables everywhere.

As for what's better, well, stylish/sexy is never better than something targeting pure functionality but then again, as a person that has more hardware parts than dishes in his home, I can have both ;)

Hello again! It's been a few months since I last visited this place. I spent some time lurking on the Steve Hoffman forums (which were boring and audio-obsessed), then moved to lurking on Stereo Central (which was fun, but toxic). It's nice to be back in a forum where I can talk about music.

Oh, and happy holidays, everyone!
I thought you were here all the time, but that was probably Shmoolikipod. You guys have too damn similar avatars!

Back