Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

For the first time in forever, I'm back into writing again. I had a random idea a couple weeks ago that I am now 36 pages into and so far I'm actually really proud of it. I even have plans for two sequels to continue and finish off the narrative. The trilogy would be comprised of 'The Beachman', No Love Lost, and Serenity. Putting all my writings outside of poetry on hold for a couple of years was actually kind of a good thing, because I feel I'm a much stronger writer than I was back then. Anyway that's just the latest from me.

Just finished writing and recording a mock radio program for my Introduction to Communications class. We had to write a persuasive speech and I got a bit ahead of myself. The topic I chose? Why thorn should return to the English language. More from Diesel coming tonight at 12.

Help me, is this a cover or did they lift the chorus from somewhere? It sounds so familiar...

It's possible. But when I first heard it, I was convinced that the chorus was completely lifted from some famous song.

:D

Besides that I'm completely crazy about classic prog (Rush

That being said, one of the things I love about DT is their freaking consistency: they are (so far, up to my knowledge) one of the only three bands without a bad album as such (of course those other two are Maiden and Rush ... one could probably make a solid point about including Motörhead in this list, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree).

I guess this is why people delete their accounts and start anew?

Had another aerobatic lesson today :cool: Repeated Cuban 8s from the last time, then moved on to the other combined loop/roll maneuvers, the Immelmann and the Split S. Did three of each and did them pretty well.

One would perhaps ask, why would you practice Cuban 8s before doing the Split S or Immelmann? Well, the key is speed and energy management. In a Cuban 8 you do your half roll while descending, i.e. you pull through 5/8 of a loop first. This means you'll most likely have built up some airspeed before you do the roll.

In the Immelmann, on the other hand, you stop the loop at the point where the speed is lowest. If you're too aggressive on the controls when you start the roll, you'll flick the aircraft and the judges will deduct many points. And your instructor will shake his head.

Next time we'll do the stall turn, repeat slow rolls, then try the so-called "clover leaf" maneuver which is four consecutive loops, each turned 90 degrees relative to each other. Then we'll practice some inverted flying.

After that ... it's time to start building a sequence from different maneuvers. Wonder if that will be the point where it all falls apart and I start botching maneuvers I nailed a few days earlier?

Back