Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

You should´ve turned on late night tv and sat down with a beer...

I know your joking with the Maiden reference, but it's not a bad way to fall asleep, if you can't sleep go down and lie on the couch with the telly on and you'll be asleep in minutes, it's the thinking in bed that's keeping you awake.

We've got a playlist of a few songs we use to put the 1 year old to sleep. Coincidentally, they make me sleepy too at this point. :D

And don't get me started on Chris Cornell's "Higher Truth". I used to listen to that album on the train during commute when I tried to get 30 minutes of sleep on the train. No other music can get my soul as relaxed as those songs.

My sister came down with something before Christmas and I caught it just in time for the holidays. Luckily I took a COVID test a couple days ago and the results came back negative. Just an ugly cold or something.

Poor people in Petrinja...

@Zare , @frus , you guys ok?

I'm in another region, to the south, I overslept the aftershock in bed.
However my brother is in Zagreb which is in the same quake zone as Petrinja and they ran out of the 15th floor apartment.

2020 continues to be bad throughout.

Here's a quake risk map for Croatia. Zagreb is where north cluster of red dots is. Petrinja is a bit to the south, just where the yellow turns to green. To that effect, people did not build for earthquakes, poorer people or those that didn't want to spend time or money would just lay down brick and mortar. On the other hand, the terrain is rich soil which means if earthquake does happen, it has a great medium to spread its shockwaves, like sound in water.

The pressure will be on the government to rebuild the housing - and it won't be hard to make them do that because they will fund reconstruction of damaged Zagreb houses which tend to be upper class.

I'm down there in the red area. From here and down to Greece it's all red.

Attachments

• cro-earthquake.jpg
    cro-earthquake.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 2
Yeah I wake up every morning I grab the phone and look at news. Won't this shitty year end already.

On a positive note a lot of countries have reached out with emergency supplies, beds, heaters, and so on. The intra-national travel ban has been lifted so help can reach the area. Villages in between ZG and Petrinja have suffered the most from what I can tell. People of Serbia will send 1M euros as help from the state level alone.

FWIW most of the cities have cancelled whatever sparse plans they had about New Year's eve, so mostly fireworks since gathering ban is still active, and rerouted the funds to the earthquake cause. I feel this is the best that can happen right now because no one feels like celebrating.

Back