Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

A client ordered a drink at work and instead of saying “that’ll be 3 euros”, I said something along the lines of “let’s make it a three-er”, which in Estonian is exactly the same as saying “let’s have a threesome”. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I’m pretty sure I said it louder than usual, as well, because a coworker came to me afterwards and told me what I had just said.
The threesome facepalms is allready a classic. :lol:

A rundown of my stats and some analyses:

- I ‘discovered’ 26 new artists.

- My most played song was “Slow Love Slow” by Nightwish (which I heard four times this year), followed by “Nightquest” (Nightwish), “Brainwashed” (Iced Earth), “Dante’s Inferno” (Iced Earth), and “Creek Mary’s Blood” (Nightwish). The thing is, I didn’t seek any of these songs out on their own, they just ended up playing more often in playlists than the others did.

- The decade I heard from the most was the ‘90s.

- Out of the 62 that I heard, my top artist was Iced Earth, who I spent 705 minutes listening to (11 hours 45 minutes). They’re followed by Nightwish, Megadeth*, Symphony X, and Boston*.

*I didn’t seek them out on my own; my friend threw whole albums of theirs into a playlist he made for my birthday.

Since I typically use YouTube to play albums and only use Spotify for shuffling through discographies to get to know songs better, it’s not an accurate account as to how my year went but it is an interesting one.

I don't use Spotify - for me, it's either Amazon Music (for casual listening) or downloads (for serious listening).

I´m the conservative one when it comes to listening to music. I only listen to CD´s, although I sometimes check some occasional songs on YouTube. (GMAC, recommendations from members,...):blush:

Most played albums this year:
Prince - 1999, Purple Rain, Controversy
Alcest - Spirirual Instinct
Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell II
Avantasia - Moonglow
Ghost - Prequelle
Pestilence - Testimony Of The Ancients

I´m the conservative one when it comes to listening to music.

Well, I'm the conservative one taste-wise, but I gladly accepted Spotify as a very useful tool. If you want to discover both classical pieces and even some of the more obscure operas, the war-time music, the 70's boomer singers-songwriters etc., it's just awesome, you write it down and it appears. And you can create so many playlists (up to 10 000 tracks, so I often just drop it all in by albums and then play it on shuffle).

To me, an example of technology gone completely right. This is the wet dream of all musical afficionados in the past, methinks.

Doesn't mean I don't have and use CDs and vinyls, but I'm enjoying it really, really much.

However, I didn't get the whole summary, only songs. But yeah, in my top 5 there's both Maroon V and Adam Václav Michna z Otradovic. I'm quite satisfied with myself.

The Norwegian government have finalized the national budget for 2021. Some taxes are set to be reduced, including alcohol tax. It will go down enough to lower the price of a half litre of beer ... by NOK 1,15.

Which is about 0,10 EUR ... hooray!

Snapchat-112675766.png

I am clearly a man of many tastes. But to be fair, the GMAC has played a very large roll here.

Snapchat-794035950.png

The only surprising thing here is that Katatonia cracked the top 5. Also 4 of my top 5 songs are from Haken, but Maiden still reigns supreme overall.

The total minutes listened is super inflated because I frequently fall asleep listening to podcasts on Spotify, and sometimes I forget to turn it off in the morning, leading it to just play all day long for hours on end.

220k minutes? That's bloody insane!
Like I said, it's super inflated and not reflective of the amount I've actually listened to. There are many times where I would listen to spotify on my laptop as I go to sleep, forget to turn it off in the morning, go to work, and the whole time spotify would still be playing on my laptop in my room. Sometimes for over 24 hours straight.

Last edited:
Don't know how to get those images, and spotify is not representative of my listening, as most of that is physical formats, and I use spotify mainly for albums I haven't bought yet, stuff where I like the odd song from someone otherwise shite, and as a surrogate jukebox.

Top songs:
Mr Crowley - Ozzy
One Nation - Sacred Reich
Twist of Cain - Danzig
Into the Coven - Mercyful Fate
The Sails of Charon - Scorpions

Genres:
Hard Rock
Metal
Doom
Rock
Folk Metal

Bands:
Iron Maiden
Skyclad
Night
W.A.S.P.
Queensryche

So I kept grandpa's phone and will keep it on for a while in case someone calls who we didn't tell he died (distant relatives and/or friends who me or my dad don't know).

Today the phone was beeping Viber notifications all morning. He was in some sort of a church group chat and some guy posted a video of a hand sanitizer thingy that looks like a male torso and when you touch the penis of it, it squirts hand sanitizer.

Priest and other group believers piled up on him mercilessly for looking at that video while being a Christian. Fucking hilarious.

Back