Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I got a survey from work today about returning to work, but all it asked was to put myself in one of eight fairly vague categories about whether and for how much longer I can continue working at home. I'd like to say that I am unable to work at home and need to return immediately but I have to be honest and say that I am able to work at home with reduced productivity. I am absolutely desperate to go back to my office though. Working at home for this long is awful.
I know how you feel. :( When I was waiting for an email from my boss about that, I also thought I should come up with a reason why I cannot work from home anymore, but came to the conclusion I cannot lie. In the end, she just announced everyone is to come back to the office August 1st. If someone or their family member is part of a risk group (because of an illness), they are allowed to continue at home. I was actually surprised everyone else has to come back, I was expecting people would be allowed to stay at home if they wanted to. I mean, I'm not complaining, but some people might have wanted to stay, and it seems to have worked well to them, but that's what they decided.

I didn't go to the military. I was a conscientious objector so instead of learning to kill people, I spent that time hugging trees.

You go to prison if you're a conscientious objector here - with the charge of alienating the public from military service.

Which included the actual stuff I posted. You're a shrewd businessman, EW. How much did you sell it for?
To be precise, I meant that the basement storage at my place contained more shit than the room in the picture you posted. Despite the room being smaller.

As for the business; considering that the people I bought the apartment from seemed to be, let's say, not completely tidy in terms of money, payments, and the law, I decided there was a risk that the stuff they didn't retrieve was either imported without paying the proper taxes, or worse (stolen goods). I decided to drop it off at the recycling facility hoping someone could find use of it.

Conscription. Pah!

In Canada, we did conscription for the tail end of the world wars, and that's it.

Geopolitics really come into play when it comes to conscription. It's easier for countries without significant conflicts (ongoing or frozen) to abolish conscription. For the likes of Turkey or Israel it's more difficult to implement.

There's an ongoing transition to a professional army with volunteers in Turkey as well, but I doubt conscription ever gets fully abolished. At best it gets reformed.

11 months.
That's a long time! :eek:
Oh damn, I thought this would be a place free from army stories! o_O

Just kidding. Feel free to discuss army. In Finland it's a sort of thing that men often start talking about their army times, and women (myself included) who mostly haven't been to a military service, find those stories incredibly boring. :bigsmile:
I've never found army stories boring. Quite the opposite, in fact.

One exit route from conscription I could have is that I have scoliosis. If the angle of my curvature meets the one stipulated in the legislation I could be exempt from service. That'll be determined in the health check-up prior to the service. I doubt it though, I think I'm going to miss out on that just by a few degrees. The legislation requires at least 21 degrees in the lumbar region, I think mine is around 18.

Better than the three years my dad had to spend in the Russian army. :bigsmile:
The Red Army, you mean.
One exit route from conscription I could have is that I have scoliosis. If the angle of my curvature meets the one stipulated in the legislation I could be exempt from service. That'll be determined in the health check-up prior to the service. I doubt it though, I think I'm going to miss out on that just by a few degrees. The legislation requires at least 21 degrees in the lumbar region, I think mine is around 18.
It's all about the bone spurs.

Back