Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

This is a possibility for me also. If I don't get accepted to a post-graduate program in autumn or spring, I'll be off to my military service next summer.
tenor.gif

This is a possibility for me also. If I don't get accepted to a post-graduate program in autumn or spring, I'll be off to my military service next summer.

I would take the army over continuing to study at this point. Turkish military might be something else, though.

Even if Serbia reintroduces mandatory military service, I'll be too old for it :okok: Or ineligible due to anxiety.

I would've gone if I was 19 or so though.

It's weird to think that some of us have known Saap since he was 13 and now he's ready to join the army.

I'm glad the UK doesn't have military service anymore. Miss me with that.

I got a survey from work today about returning to work, but all it asked was to put myself in one of eight fairly vague categories about whether and for how much longer I can continue working at home. I'd like to say that I am unable to work at home and need to return immediately but I have to be honest and say that I am able to work at home with reduced productivity. I am absolutely desperate to go back to my office though. Working at home for this long is awful.

I'm back in the office for a week as of today.
It feels weird. On the one hand, everything is the same as before. On the other, we all wear masks and can't stand next to each other, and the office is super empty and quiet.

I love buy&sell groups on FB. Half of the people on there think their junk is worth its weight in gold, the other half make the most ridiculous underbids.

Here's one from today. 250 Euros for this pile of junk, sold as a unit and not in parts. You also get the privilege of collecting it from a wooden attic with no help from the seller whatsoever.

skräp.PNG

I didn't go to the military. I was a conscientious objector so instead of learning to kill people, I spent that time hugging trees.

Oh damn, I thought this would be a place free from army stories! o_O

Just kidding. Feel free to discuss army. In Finland it's a sort of thing that men often start talking about their army times, and women (myself included) who mostly haven't been to a military service, find those stories incredibly boring. :bigsmile:

There actually is a picture of me hugging a tree during my civil service, but I can't find it, sadly.

Back