Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I need some help from a Spanish speaker here. What is the exact translation of the phrases pingües ventajas and pingües ingresos?

I need some help from a Spanish speaker here. What is the exact translation of the phrases pingües ventajas and pingües ingresos?

pingüe can be translated into English as significant or abundant, so pingües ventajas could be translated as 'significant advantages' and pingües ingresos as 'significant income'. It might be slightly different depending on the context though, but that should be the general gist.

Thanks, @GhostofCain! My daughter's Spanish teacher gave her a bunch of Spanish words to translate and determine the gender of. That's it, no context to it, and it drives me crazy because these are useless phrases for an 11-year-old who hardly knows 10 words in Spanish altogether. Along with degüello, which Google translates as slaughter. :oops:

general gist
ObviousAssuredBufeo-size_restricted.gif

Thanks, @GhostofCain! My daughter's Spanish teacher gave her a bunch of Spanish words to translate and determine the gender of. That's it, no context to it, and it drives me crazy because these are useless phrases for an 11-year-old who hardly knows 10 words in Spanish altogether. Along with degüello, which Google translates as slaughter. :oops:

The teacher might be a ZZ Top fan!

ZZ_Top_-_Deg%C3%BCello.jpg

Degollar means to cut someone's throat or neck (could be to the point of decapitation) and degüello is the corresponding noun. It can be used as an idiom too: entrar a degüello could be roughly translated into English as no quarter.

When I wanted to use the verb égorger (which means the same thing!) for a conjugation exercise once, my French teacher refused and told me to think of something else. And it's in the bloody French national anthem!

The teacher might be a ZZ Top fan!

ZZ_Top_-_Deg%C3%BCello.jpg

Degollar means to cut someone's throat or neck (could be to the point of decapitation) and degüello is the corresponding noun. It can be used as an idiom too: entrar a degüello could be roughly translated into English as no quarter.
Awesome album start to finish ... and know I know what it means. Thanks!

Back