Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Recently gave SIT a proper listen for the first time since finishing high school. Is it weird to get all nostalgic when I'm only 20?
Might as well do it just to get used to it, it's a thing you'll be doing for the next 60ish years statistically.

On my way to Narva, the easternmost town of Estonia. Never been in that town, only passed through it once en route to Russia. As of 2017, Estonians make up 4% of the population of Narva.

Y5xlrcc.png

This Narva place is taking a special place in my heart. I talked for nearly two hours with a local girl who spoke good Russian but very poor English and Estonian. Me on the other hand, I speak good Estonian and English but very poor Russian. Awkward but cool experience. And all the while, I could see the Russian side of the town (Ivangorod) on the other side of the Narva river. Surreal.

I was talking with my friends last night how I haven't gone to a wedding in about 15 years and later that night another friend called me to ask to be her plus one for a wedding... today.

Irramendi confirmed.

This Narva place is taking a special place in my heart. I talked for nearly two hours with a local girl who spoke good Russian but very poor English and Estonian. Me on the other hand, I speak good Estonian and English but very poor Russian. Awkward but cool experience. And all the while, I could see the Russian side of the town (Ivangorod) on the other side of the Narva river. Surreal.
This is how she gets better at English and Estonian and you get better at Russian. An educational experience all round!

Back