Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I think there was only one moment that genuinely made me laugh, when Luke was tickling Rey's hand with the leaf while she was "reaching out". Oh, and maybe Rose and Finn's first meeting. I just groaned or cringed at everything else, particularly the opening bit with Poe and Hux.

I was just zapping between the two channels and while Cradle of Filth were playing their asses off to a much smaller audience, Sabaton were having a beer drinking contest between their lead singer and guitarist.... :D :facepalm:

I watched Cradle of Filth at Hellfest last night, first time Ive heard more than the odd random song. Pretty good, givin it their all. His voice is damn impressive.
Aye, Sabaton are a bit flat, especially in the middle of the set. Singer seems tired. Actually filcked over to Hellfest, dont know who was on but it wasn't good enough to keep me.
Band of the day so far for me was Eluveitie at Graspop.

Joakim blew out his voice a couple days ago and he still sounds pretty shot. I like that the guitarists are stepping up to balance him out and how they’ve got their own choir backing them here. I’ll probably stick around for Carcass afterwords.

I watched Cradle of Filth at Hellfest last night, first time Ive heard more than the odd random song. Pretty good, givin it their all. His voice is damn impressive.
Aye, Sabaton are a bit flat, especially in the middle of the set. Singer seems tired. Actually filcked over to Hellfest, dont know who was on but it wasn't good enough to keep me.
Band of the day so far for me was Eluveitie at Graspop.

Dani Filth, love him or hate him, is still damn impressive. Considering they've been going since the early 90s and his live voice has barely changed since then.
Sabaton is just boring to me, I watched some of it. Joakim can't sing either.

I'll see if I can stay awake to watch some Carcass. That should be good.

Dani Filth, love him or hate him, is still damn impressive. Considering they've been going since the early 90s and his live voice has barely changed since then.
Sabaton is just boring to me, I watched some of it. Joakim can't sing either.

I'll see if I can stay awake to watch some Carcass. That should be good.
Watching Dani Filth last night I wasnt sure his vocals were totally honest but if they are, he is something else, love or hate, like you say.
I have never listened to Carcass and doubt I will tonight. Its been 2 days of heaviness, time I checked out.
I saw Sabaton play a brilliant set at Sonisphere in 2010 and I have had a soft spot for them since but that show tonight and their recent output has left me feeling they are a spent force. Still, the gig ended well and the crowd seemed into it.

I have two weeks off work, and I'm contemplating a Game of Thrones watching marathon. Considering I've only ever watched a few episodes but I know more or less what happens, I'm not sure it's worth it.

I have never listened to Carcass and doubt I will tonight. Its been 2 days of heaviness, time I checked out.

Big mistake.

I saw Sabaton play a brilliant set at Sonisphere in 2010 and I have had a soft spot for them since but that show tonight and their recent output has left me feeling they are a spent force. Still, the gig ended well and the crowd seemed into it.

That's what I got out of it as well really. I thought the performance was really bad personally. But judging from the crowd reponse I'm sure both Sabaton, Grasspop and the crowd felt this was a success.

I have two weeks off work, and I'm contemplating a Game of Thrones watching marathon. Considering I've only ever watched a few episodes but I know more or less what happens, I'm not sure it's worth it.

I was on my second attempt at watching the entire series and I stalled at exactly the same place the second time around (the last episodes of season five) Now I've cancelled by HBO subscription. I don't think I will ever finish that series.

Last edited:
Back