Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

One of the local papers for that part of England is reporting that people have already decided to go home because of the rain and mud. The bands haven't even started yet. :lol:

Random question. Is Download Festival usually pro-shot at least for the main acts? Asking because I'd like to see a pro-shot Tool concert.

I saw a facebook post where someone in our local 'for sale' group (not the place to do this) was begging for a free ride to the local Walmart. My first instinct was to tell them to take a boat. :smartarse:

I saw a facebook post where someone in our local 'for sale' group (not the place to do this) was begging for a free ride to the local Walmart. My first instinct was to tell them to take a boat. :smartarse:
No camels in your part of the world, apparently.

No camels in your part of the world, apparently.
Wrong. I actually saw a camel the other day. It was located at the llama farm.

Fun fact: I knew someone who had an ostrich, they kept it in the backyard. It hopped the fence one day.

Congratulations, Knickers!

Myself, I'm feeling strangely nostalgic after posting in this thread. It made me revisit some of my old favourites and the memories associated with them. A lot of the stories are probably buried somewhere in this thread.

As good as Spinal Tap if not better :bigsmile::bigsmile:
Haha, Bad News was a really good comedy act. Grew up watching The Young Ones on MTV, didn't know about Bad News as the troupe's follow-up show until years later. I still think the "Bambi" episode of The Young Ones might be the greatest half-hour of comedy ever broadcast on television -- and also was my first introduction to Motorhead.
Video quality sucks, but it's the only full episode I could find. See if you can spot the Oscar-winning actress and other famous actors. (It isn't difficult.)

Last edited:
When I was 24, I lived on my own in a flat that had an old geezer for a neighbour on the right, an old woman for a neighbour on the left, high walls and a doctor's practice below, which meant that everything was abandoned or occupied by people who couldn't hear me after 16:00 and on weekends. For a young, pretty metalhead in his prime, this was a magical gift. Especially given that I was in possession of an amazing stereo system manufactured in the late 60's/early 70's, when people still gave a shit.
Then the old neighbours died and a young couple moved in that decided they had to complain about the noise coming from my flat, but treating me to his weird wailing antics and her obviously faking it while I was trying to sleep.

Back