Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Can't wait to rank my favourite curries and eat Steve Harris for dinner
365 curry houses in a year.

1. Poppadoms and dip. 2 fairly large poppadoms each and a good selection of dips. The mango chutney was my favourite. 8/10
2. Starter (vegetable samosa) the taste was good but it was a bit too greasy for my liking and the pastry was soggy. 5/10
3. Main course (vegetable jalfrezi). Nice and spicy. A jalfrezi is a good way to avoid a side order as it has a load of rice. This one ticked all the boxes. 11/10
4. Drink (Kingfisher beer). One of the three beers available in Indian restaurants. It was sufficient. 7/10
5. Service. Polite waiting staff but the food was a bit slow to come out. Due to the lack of English one had I'm not sure he's here legally. 5/10

Overall: 7.2/10. It was a bit inconsistent but it had its highlights. I would go back if there wasn't a better option or perhaps order next time. I can't help but compare this to Metallica's curries though...

I'll take your word for it, buddy.

There's also a Balkan shop in London:

img_0498resized.jpg

It's at the opposite side of London from the Cart & Horses though.

That looks like a regular mini market here. They have a virtual webtour. Most of the stuff is Croatian which isn't cheap to begin with, it is "fine" stuff and its certainly good to know that I can quench my thirst for Cedevita in London but three times the cost is absurd. There are shops with Croatian products in the remote (middle) parts of the States which are only two times the cost.

I'll pass that too, like the damn curry.

London finished the Elizabeth Line on schedule and under budget. It is possible.
Yeah, but not that much, from what I recall.
@LooseCannon a story about Crossrail has appeared today.

It was due to open last December and although some of it is operational it will be completed at least two years behind schedule and about £3B over budget, so I've no idea where you got your information from. Some Fake News or Kalatafacts?

365 curry houses in a year.

1. Poppadoms and dip. 2 fairly large poppadoms each and a good selection of dips. The mango chutney was my favourite. 8/10
2. Starter (vegetable samosa) the taste was good but it was a bit too greasy for my liking and the pastry was soggy. 5/10
3. Main course (vegetable jalfrezi). Nice and spicy. A jalfrezi is a good way to avoid a side order as it has a load of rice. This one ticked all the boxes. 11/10
4. Drink (Kingfisher beer). One of the three beers available in Indian restaurants. It was sufficient. 7/10
5. Service. Polite waiting staff but the food was a bit slow to come out. Due to the lack of English one had I'm not sure he's here legally. 5/10

Overall: 7.2/10. It was a bit inconsistent but it had its highlights. I would go back if there wasn't a better option or perhaps order next time. I can't help but compare this to Metallica's curries though...

Back