Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I'm glad to be off for a couple of weeks as I've been struggling to get out of bed and into work lately. The last year or so has caught up with me as I haven't really had a decent length break since this time last year.

Don't you qualify for holiday?
Yes, but holidays are reset at the end/beginning of the academic year and I started this job in July. I took six days holiday in August for Maiden concerts and Bloodstock Festival and that was pretty much all I could take so was exhausted when I got back to work that week. My initial contract was until mid-January so I didn't have much holidays to take on top of the Christmas break.

Oh wait, read the previous page Wingman ... Air Canada probably don't fly London-Dundee.

But if you're in an airport right now .. it wouldn't happen to be Gatwick, would it? Waiting for the RAF to shoot down a drone?

The gf's ten-year old daughter has shown me a ten minute bongo cat video, all about Baby with a Gun, spent a considerable amount of time looking for the original aaaa meme, and is currently obsessing over a "Best of Like a Boss" compilation. Can we just bring her together with @Diesel 11, @Wogmidget and @phantomoftheicarus and have it dealt with?

I think I'm past that stage and will just toss them a ball to play with from now on.

A fun thing I forgot to share last year when it happened:

In the midterm of a history class I took, a question about Alexander the Great was asked. I hadn't studied for the exam, so the only option I had was to play Alexander the Great in my head to search for some info to put on the paper as a hail mary answer. The lyrics might have zero artistic merit, but probably are more useful than most other set of lyrics the band has come up with. Probably won me a point or two.

Next up is taking a literature class where a question about Dune gets asked and I play To Tame a Land in my head. (or I could just study for the exam, I know)

Back