Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

No need to rely on Metallica for everything, especially when there are better songs that describe how you feel about coming home. :ok:

The other songs have too many distracting connotations; grandmas, abortions, airplanes etc, whereas Sanitarium is least tied to a particular topic. Or at least IMO.

Long working nights are taking their toll.

Just did the online check-in for my flight tomorrow. While actively selecting the field to enter my passport number, I skim the rest of the form, thinking, "after this, I include country of issue and expiry date, but wasn't I supposed to enter the passport number somewhere?"

3 1/2 hours of solo flight and 19 landings today! When I arrived at the airfield this morning, it looked like I'd have to wait a bit before the clouds dissipated, and that turned out to be right. Had the pre-flight finished at 0805, but didn't take off until 0915. But once I did take off, it was a great day for flying ... and learning. The wind changed around a bit, and generally there was more wind at altitude.

After the first 5 landings I headed out to the practice area to do some airwork on my own. Great fun!

Returned for some more landings, and on the 9th of the day I really got to test my reactions ... and my brakes. Right as my wheels touched down, three roe deer decided to cross the runway in front of me ... no animals or aircraft were harmed.

Then stopped to refuel both the aircraft and myself, before taking off again for more landing practice. Did 5, then a little detour before 4 more and my fun-time was up for now, as another student waited for the aircraft.

Oh, and those last few landings ... smooth as velvet! I'd say about half of my landings today were smooth, but the last few were the best ones.

Back