Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

^ This was in the comments to the Prowler 1977 video on Youtube

upload_2018-9-9_22-9-39.png

I'm certainly not trying to advertise the guy and I'm not sure what his intentions are but the info is interesting.

Never had those, but back in my day the student IT services were a minimum cost dial-up account, email, newsletter, and a college website where you can check info and apply for exams. The exam application thing worked perfectly every time I used it, but somehow the professors weren't so sure about it; I routinely entered exams without actually applying for them and would always put blame on the site if I get asked why isn't my name among the applicants.

School is closed for the rest of the week due to the impending hurricane that gets nearer with each passing day. Apparently they need to use the facilities for evacuation.

Yeah, you guys might get a good whomp of rain. I have a friend in Charleston, she is actually quite worried.

Virginia.
Nice. Current projection has Florence making landfall on the North Carolina coast at 2am Friday and should cross into Virginia as a Tropical Depression early on Sunday morning. :edmetal:

I have some colleagues going to a conference in Colarado in a couple of days. At least one of them is changing at the airport at Washington! :lol:

I live literally a few feet away from the highest spot on the entire Eastern Shore of Virginia. I should be good, but further south on the peninsula and definitely around the coastal areas, people are really gonna need to prepare themselves. Apparently there's a mandatory evacuation in Zone A (not quite sure where that is but I have a general idea) and that seems to be why the schools are closed.

Tomorrow I might get my first taste of instrument flying. Plan A is doing solo landing practice, but there's a crosswind limitation for that. If there's too much wind (the forecast indicates that this is likely), I'll go up with the instructor and do the first instrument flight lesson instead.

Back