Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Does anyone know if Bruce still flies his triplane? I was watching that programme the McGregor brothers did on the Beeb last night about the RAF's 100th aniversary, and obviously for the early bit they went to the Great War Display Team. Bruce's triplane is the one you see taxiing but I couldn't decide if I thought the pilot was Bruce - it might have been him but he was only on screen for a few seconds.

For that matter, did anyone else watch the programme?

Met up with my mum yesterday and she was wearing her new Maiden t-shirt. Some folk looked at her as if to suggest "why?". She pointed at them and said to me - "they must be Metallica fans, they don't like my Iron Maiden t-shirt."
Mother Albie is the best.

Does anyone know if Bruce still flies his triplane? I was watching that programme the McGregor brothers did on the Beeb last night about the RAF's 100th aniversary, and obviously for the early bit they went to the Great War Display Team. Bruce's triplane is the one you see taxiing but I couldn't decide if I thought the pilot was Bruce - it might have been him but he was only on screen for a few seconds.

Damn, missed that. The display team always did some events without Bruce, as far as I know. I can check with a fan.

Hopefully it was him. Was he climbing like a monkey?

Damn, missed that. The display team always did some events without Bruce, as far as I know. I can check with a fan.
Thanks. From the Team's website Bruce is not listed as a display pilot for 2018 (I don't think he was last year either) but other info on the site indicates he still owns the plane. It's logical that the displays are going to clash with Maiden tours sometime but he may allow others to fly the plane in his stead when that happens. If you know someone with "inside info", I'd be very interested in what they can tell us!

You can still watch the programme on iplayer for about a month :).
Hopefully it was him. Was he climbing like a monkey?
I assume so :D.

One of the triplanes "shot down" the McGregors but I don't remember which one - they were using a camera attached to the triplane to give a "pilot's eye view" at the time.

TDVZ87h.jpg

God made funky weather this year and had snow falling in late March. To protect his favourite tribe, The Croats, he made mother nature salt the road herself. Checkmate atheists

Back