Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Here's a fantastic English translation from the webpage selling tickets for Maiden's Stockholm show:

• Age limit 13 years - regardless of whether or not a goalkeeper participates in the Swedish authorities' requirement for limiting high levels of noise for young people
:lol:

If you guys are missing an I, might I suggest a Cold In The Fields The Bodies Lay? And for P, maybe a Cold Paschenfuckingdale? I feel like this is the kind of thing @LooseCannon would come down with.

Or the kind of beer he drinks. "Yes, I'll have a Paschenfuckingdale, please. Cold. Not warm."

So, what's everyone doing next summer then?

18209708888_2c5bc2d663_b.jpg

Here's a fantastic English translation from the webpage selling tickets for Maiden's Stockholm show:

:lol:
The original is probably målsman, meaning the child's guardian. Mål can also mean "goal" (among many other things) so that's probably were things got confused. Quite a strange mistranslation, it's not the sort of mistake an automatic translator would make and I can't imagine who would come up with "goalkeeper" of all possible words. (Goalkeeper in Swedish is målvakt, literally "goal guard.")

It was the Google Chrome translation to be fair. The website's own Swedish-to-English translation wouldn't work. Danish Ticketmaster was fine though. Renfe (Spanish trains) has an awful Spanish-to-English translation that makes the website almost unusable. Probably means I should learn Spanish.

Will you be at the Tele2 Arena in June @Shadow?

It was the Google Chrome translation to be fair. The website's own Swedish-to-English translation wouldn't work. Danish Ticketmaster was fine though. Renfe (Spanish trains) has an awful Spanish-to-English translation that makes the website almost unusable. Probably means I should learn Spanish.

Still a terrible translation. It's a dictionary word!

Will you be at the Tele2 Arena in June @Shadow?

I hope so.

Back