Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I bought a new suitcase today. A 150L suitcase. I was kind of expecting to be given it just as a suitcase that I would wheel around but the guy at Argos took it out of the storeroom in a box so I had to carry the fucker home. Now it wasn't particularly heavy, only 5-6 kg, but it was bulky so my fingers were in agony from gripping onto the corners of the box and my forearms were really sore as well from trying to keep my arms around it. I still can't make a fist comfortably.

mnlOrKC.jpg

Pub quiz tonight included question "Who is 56 this week" and "what band are they famous for?" with an accompanying picture of Bruce in mid stage jump. About time there was a question I knew that others didn't. Although about 5mins before handing in the quiz I heard a team (who eventually win) ask someone "Who is this we have no fcking clue!" (and person respond with no idea), yet when it came to the answers they said "Oh yeah we knew that, we're from that era recognised straight away" <_<

In other things... desk broke, sliding tray table for keyboard/mouse has ripped the screw out (again, 3rd time ive fixed it), need a new one :(

Larks Tongues In Aspic, Red, and Starless and Bible Black is the holy trinity of Crimson albums. Can't go wrong with any of those. You'll hear more of a heavier sound too. After that I'd recommend Discipline and that pretty much covers the essentials. From there you can explore on your own. I really like the last album they made, Power To Believe, as well.

Thanks, I'm probably gonna write a review of In the Court of the Crimson King then move on to Larks' Tongues in Aspic.

That's a logical step. I haven't ranked the albums but Larks would probably be in my top 3 at least, along with Discipline.

I like what you're doing James. I've been intending to do a discovery/review thing for ages but couldn't get it done. I even opened a blog in preperation but that blog is less useful than a fridge in Antarctica.

I rate Red almost as highly as In the Court of the Crimson King. Brilliant album.

It'd be fun to do an inclusive thread for people discussing their favorite albums in a discovery/review fashion. Something that anyone could participate in. I've had some ideas in mind but not sure how much interest they'd garner.

Oh yea Red is up there too. Fights with Discipline and Larks for a spot in my top ten.

I like what you're doing James. I've been intending to do a discovery/review thing for ages but couldn't get it done. I even opened a blog in preperation but that blog is less useful than a fridge in Antarctica.

Hahaha, I've actually been kind of lazy recently with reviewing. I started the series back in late June and only have 4 entries so far. But I hope to be more productive with it.

Back