Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I used to think that Billy Squier was one of those rock stars whose career tanked because he wasn't pretty enough for MTV. While that may be partially true - he is, after all, moderately ugly - it's not the whole story. Squier's last noteworthy hit was "Rock Me Tonite". No one ever took him seriously again, after he released this video for that song.

SneakySneaky said:

According to the distributive principle of mathematics, the above is fundamentally equivalent to (as)(df).

Therefore, there are many other equivalent expansions.
For example:
(as)(df) = (df)(as) = dasfas

However, my favorite is:
adafsdsf

Do you know why computer programmers refer to faults in their programs as "bugs"?
It's because the first one ever discovered was an actual bug.
Back in the days when early computers took up entire rooms, a moth flew into one of these computers and got caught in the machinery.
The technician reported that there was "a bug in the system" and the term passed into the lexicon.

Something similar happened in one of my old bands.
We were performing at a local bar (Stoney's Still in Kaukauna, Wisconsin) and we were attempting to play the Deep Purple song "Space Trucking".
Lacking an organ in that band, we always started our version with one guitarist playing the riff solo before the band joined.
The song is in the key of A. That night, Todd (the guitarist) started out by playing in the key of G.
Nobody noticed his mistake at first. The rest of the band joined in the correct key, and it sounded like shit.
When we all realized what was going on, Todd changed to the correct key of A ...
... while the rest of us changed to the key of G to match what Todd had been doing.
It continued to sound horrible, as we all kept changing keys ever few seconds, trying to get on the same page ... until we finally train-wrecked.
That means it fell apart so bad the whole band had to stop.
A train-wreck is the ultimate Bad Thing onstage. It makes a band look like fools. No matter how bad you fuck up, you've got to keep playing.

We laughed it off right away, started over and got the song right.

But from that point forward, anytime someone screwed up really really bad (like Todd did that night), we said: "Oh, he's off space trucking."

I sometimes wonder, when I write these long, rambling, nonsensical posts if anyone ever bothers to really read them.
I don't care if you read it or not. I'm writing it because it amuses me. But I do wonder.

I read them, and I think it's bollocks when you say that MY nonsensical crap is too long.  Yours has fucking math!

Back