Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Not that the rest of the year was not difficult, or even the (near) future, but it comes close again now...

Last edited:
I know it was very hard for you and your family, Foro, but I have to say once again that I admire the strength with which you endured this.
I hope bad times remain in the past for you.

Thanks, Brig and Ariana. We're doing our best. Doing nice things to distract the mind, but also taking time for it, looking for some kind of balance in order to take it (or better: her) with us, in our heart, in the best manner we can.

Foro, I often think of you and your family, and wish you the strength to carry on and look to the future.

That's a lot for anybody to endure, Foro. It is incredibly admirable that you are able to carry on and endure such a hardship. I'm truly sorry for your pain and wish the best possible future for you and yours.

You and your family are very strong to get through something like this though I know you will always think of her. I couldn't imagine ever going through something like that. My thoughts are with you and your family this week.

Noone should have to endure that kind of stuff. I hope you come out of this stronger - it is the only potential gain from such a sad loss. All the best to you and your family.

Each fatal and non-fatal shark attack gets media coverage. It is obvious that this paints the picture of the great white shark as a gruesome killing machine. But there is no dark figure; each attack is publicised by the media. There really are no more shark attacks than the ten or less that get reported per annum.

That's like plane crashes..or trainwrecks or natural disasters...they happen so rarely but every time one happens they get massive media coverage...

Even though flying is one of the safest ways to travel for example..

Agreed, to an extent. I think there is a difference, because most people have experience with flying, and know that it is safe. So they are much more willing to believe that flying is safe, even when a spectacular crash is in the news. With sharks, people are much easier scared. Very few have ever seen a live shark, except maybe a ground shark in an aquarium. There is always talk of the thrill of even seeing a reef shark behind glass. Therefore, people are much more receptive to the news of sharks attacking scuba divers or beach tourists, which happens so rarely it would never appear in any injury, and much less fatality statistic.

I don't know why, but this just makes me angry. Way more people get killed by dogs every year than even come close to a shark, yet the whole world sneers at me when I say I hate dogs.

YOU HATE DOGS?! JK, iryo :P

In all honesty, I like (most) dogs, but I always get scared when they bark, even the friendly ones.

Eh. I'm not scared when dogs bark, I'm just annoyed to hell. It is one of my most hated sounds.

Back