Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Doing good .. another day back in the salt mines .. but only 4 days to go until my next vacation (well, half vacation, I need to work about 4 hours a day while I am there) :) ... going to Portland for this one and meeting my Dad there.

Why did you even go back to the States? You must be addicted to feeling jet-lagged. :innocent:

It would seem that way ... had a series of meetings I need to go to this week ... and Portland is in the states.

After this, I do not think I am going anywhere until late August (San Francisco), September (Chicago -- My Grandmother is turning 95, going to visit and San Francisco), I think San Francisco again in October and December ... and Orlando in November for a DisneyWorld trip.

For me, this is a minimal travel time .. though Europe is not on the regular route:)

Good morning from Denver. :yawn: Barely 7 AM and I don't even have school today. Should be back asleep!

good morning from the great midwest. I drove from Illinois into Iowa this morning, so good morning from the Mississippi River as well.

When I was crossing the bridge (4-lane), I saw some older guy on a an older bicycle riding along the edge, being followed by his chihuahua... It was pretty funny!

What may be funnier is, when I was trying to spell chihuahua, I thought about Les Nesman (WKRP) and the way he said that. "...chi hoowa hoowa Mexico..."

I often meet bicyclists who train their dogs that way, but these dogs are typically setters, retrievers and other medium-sized hunting dogs. For example, like this:

springer-09.jpg

Ha! Suck it Mexico (imagine Will Ferrell saying that) .. USA! USA! USA! :)

We’re no longer No. 1? Mexico has overtaken the U.S. in terms of obesity rate, according to a United Nations report released Tuesday. Nearly 33 percent of Mexicans are now obese, according to the report, and 70 percent are overweight. The report says the young and the poor are disproportionately affected—although as the country’s income has grown, so has its waistlines. In addition to a more urban economy, the country’s restaurant culture promotes foods that are fried and high in calories. But buck up, Americans who are sad that we’ve dropped out of top slot: the U.S. obesity rate is nearly 32 percent, not far behind.

Ha! Suck it Mexico (imagine Will Ferrell saying that) .. USA! USA! USA! :)

We’re no longer No. 1? Mexico has overtaken the U.S. in terms of obesity rate, according to a United Nations report released Tuesday. Nearly 33 percent of Mexicans are now obese, according to the report, and 70 percent are overweight. The report says the young and the poor are disproportionately affected—although as the country’s income has grown, so has its waistlines. In addition to a more urban economy, the country’s restaurant culture promotes foods that are fried and high in calories. But buck up, Americans who are sad that we’ve dropped out of top slot: the U.S. obesity rate is nearly 32 percent, not far behind.

Quick, to McDonalds for a celebratory meal ;D

What the...?! :blink:

I think how they define overweight is pretty sketchy... based on how they measure it, I am overweight. I know I could stand to lose a few pounds, but I would not consider myself "fat".

Honestly I think one of the main drivers in US obesity is that most people live out of the city ... the time I do spend in cities, I end up walking all over the place and you see tons of people on bikes and walking instead of driving.

Add to that .. lawyers. "public" baseball/soccer/football fields are so paranoid about lawsuits, you cannot play on the fields unless it is in an organized league. I remember when I was a kid, you had to get down to the field reasonably early during the summer to make sure you got a spot in the game. Now, there is no one playing there in the summer because they are all gated up.

+1. the obesity scale, or whatever it is, is out of date.

How many people do you know with 8-12% body fat, but are considered obese because they have a ton of muscle? I think body fat % is a greater indicator.

I'm slim, and inside the BMI chart (height vs weight), but my body fat had gotten to the top of my bracket. Sheesh, I hate not eating chips and drinking beer to get it back into shape.

Back