Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Going to see Maiden for the first time in Paris 2013. Too bad Estonia's pretty much a dot on the Earth so big bands rarely come here. It's interesting though that Metallica has been here 4 times, I think, and Maiden once back in 2000.

I just googled the 2000 concert and find quite a good story about it. It's in estonian but it basically says that charismatic Bruce Dickinson and guitar-around-neck-throwing Janick Gers were the main attention centres of the show. Dickinson reportedly said during the show that he would come to live in Estonia, jokingly, and the band even played football with some of our guys. Also, The Wicker Man and Ghost of the Navigator sounded the best, it is written. And the last sentence is about many meters tall Eddie being bullied by Gers and Murray while Iron Maiden is being played.
Here's the article if anyone's interested: http://www.fbi.ee/uritused/iron-maiden/

My first gig was also in Paris. A good starting point for a Maiden career. ;)

Hakan Şükür retired then, right? What's he doing now?

He actually didn't play in Euro 2008, he retired in 2009, I believe. He's a member of the leading party in Turkey now, no surprise since he was always known as a fundamentalist islamic communitarian (to name it, Fethullah Gülen movement, inspired by the work of Said Nursi - Nur Community).

2009: Rigged elections lead to mass protests in Iran, but we soon forget about that because HOLY SHIT, MICHAEL JACKSON DIES! Israel bombs Gaza but we don't care because HOLY SHIT, MICHAEL JACKSON DIES! Swine Flu is announced as the world's most dangerous pandemic, but nobody gets infected because HOLY SHIT, MICHAEL JACKSON DIES! Michael Jackson's tragic life ends tragically, but nobody notices because HOLY SHIT, MICHAEL JACKSON DIES! Black Sabbath return as Heaven and Hell and put out their first album since 1995, but HOLY SHIT, MICHAEL JACKSON DIES! HOLY SHIT!

I had my last exam for a while this afternoon, got into the car afterwards and Running Free was playing: perfect!

Been relaxing since, feels pretty, pretty good, although back to work tomorrow.

Thats awesome!!

Tonight, my girls and I are going to finish our xmas decorations, watch more That 70's Show xmas episodes, and eat mashed potatoes (request by number one daughter).

On Facebook, I posed the question "name me 5 songs better than All Along The Watchtower". My son posted some good stuff, including Ace Of Spades. Love that my son digs Lemmy, Stones, Beatles, Lynnrd Skynnrd.

I suggest putting some question for registering on the forum - like, what's the name of the debut album, or something like that. Maybe it wouldn't be solvable for the bots and they wouldn't be able to register.

I want to check out some death metal bands through Wikipedia/YouTube but I'm scared of the possible artworks. :D I'm a big fan of "audio horror" (creepy music and stuff) but a big hater of "visual horror".
I saw this post but somehow forgot to reply. Now

31789088.jpg

Some death metal albums you must check out:
Amon Amarth - Twilight Of The Thunder God
Arch Enemy - Rise Of The Tyrant
At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul
Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh
Ensiferum - Ensiferum; Iron (more folk than death metal though)
Gojira - From Mars To Sirius (not really death metal, but there's influence)
Hail Of Bullets - On Divine Winds
Hypocrisy - Abducted
Nightrage - Descent Into Chaos

Enjoy :D

Other death metal albums I recommend:
As I Lay Dying - An Ocean Between Us
Dimmu Borgir - In Sorte Diaboli
In Flames - Come Clarity
Enslaved - Axioma Ethica Odini
Cannibal Corpse - Tomb Of The Mutilated
DevilDriver - Pray For Villians

Back