Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I've been re-editing my recent piece of writing several times. It was not as good as it could have been recently. I'm not sure if I posted it here, but I did on twitter and I got a history professor from elsewhere in Canada say some nice things.

That's it, I got my uniform. The pants are too short, so it's hard to stay with the uniform the right way, and the shoes are killing me, but everything's okay.

Just saw an awesome post :

Communism sets wrong assumptions about human nature, while capitalism sets wrong assumptions about resources.

Sad but true.

There's definitely some truth to that, yes. But I would go further - all pure political ideologies make wrong assumptions about human nature. That's why they don't work in pure form, and that's why we need democracy so that people can correct their politicians.

Here I am, with my second cold Murphy's, watching tv, eating chips, being a lazy Wasted. 

Live is pretty ok!

Semi-productive D&D session tonight. Almost killed off one of the players, but her character is probably the worst assassin ever. Wouldn't have been sad if she died. My character continues to surprise the other players by his masterful control of our kingdom, even when they think he's asleep at the switch. Good times.

Back from a rare poker night.
Lost in the final pair when his bullets beat my queens.
I gotta play that game more often (if I can afford it.)

If I were doing that, I would write "the lunatic is in your head".

Did I get this "If I were ..." thing right now? You use "if I were" if dealing with something hypothetical?

Phew. I misread that.

I live in the most Catholic town in Canada, which means if you're as geeky as I am, wander around in Maiden shirts, play D&D and other nerdy habits, you get a fair bit of questioning looks, and indeed, derisive comments.

Eddies Wingman said:
If I were doing that, I would write "the lunatic is in your head".

Did I get this "If I were ..." thing right now? You use "if I were" if dealing with something hypothetical?

yes, I believe that was proper grammar/English usage there.

Back