LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on folks! Tickets for N.C are like $40! Get out there and fill it up a bit.

(I know it’s not my fault- but I always feel oddly responsible when a show is poorly attended lol)

Come on folks! Tickets for N.C are like $40! Get out there and fill it up a bit.

(I know it’s not my fault- but I always feel oddly responsible when a show is poorly attended lol)

they sound incredible even far back (in the lawn or in the high-up nose-bleed seats).

don't miss out on a lawn ticket - I danced my ass of (JIG style) to parts of The Clansman and Sign of the Cross and had the time of my life.
Trimmed some belly fat, sweated out some impurities, had goosebumps at too many points in the night to name, and was on a natural high for days afterwords.

Beg, borrow, or (gently) steal if you have to!

i would fly to the Carolinas if I could. But I can only do what I can do - and what I CAN do is resolve/save/budget to see Maiden *at least* twice on the next tour.

1 time just isn't enough.

I wasn't even this pumped/excited/elated from seeing Rush and Van Halen back in the day, and that's saying a helluva lot!

I know this tours gone on for like 4 years or something (ive personally done Newcastle + London x 2 in 2018, then Belfast earlier this year). And for all im excited about the new tour, i have to say im gonna miss legacy of the Beast!

Just watching Toronto on YouTube, and i STILL gasp at the cathedral reveal for revelations, and the SOTC/icarus double header gets me every time.

Amongst all the negativity on this forum, I honestly dont think its been said enough how absolutely outstanding this tour has been, i dont know how theyre going to beat it. (Not really a fan of Alexander the great tbh so the future past tour needs to give me stranger, sea of madness and darkest hour at least!)

I know this tours gone on for like 4 years or something (ive personally done Newcastle + London x 2 in 2018, then Belfast earlier this year). And for all im excited about the new tour, i have to say im gonna miss legacy of the Beast!

Just watching Toronto on YouTube, and i STILL gasp at the cathedral reveal for revelations, and the SOTC/icarus double header gets me every time.

Amongst all the negativity on this forum, I honestly dont think its been said enough how absolutely outstanding this tour has been, i dont know how theyre going to beat it. (Not really a fan of Alexander the great tbh so the future past tour needs to give me stranger, sea of madness and darkest hour at least!)

Those London shows at the O2 in 2018 were phenomenal and that setlist was unbeatable. As much as I am sure the next tour will be great, I think Maiden’s 2018 show will never be surpassed.

Saw the Ottawa show last night.

First thing: the arena in Ottawa has a shitty location, a shitty configuration, but the audio is decent. Not as good as O2 or the Bell Centre, which are exceptional places to see a concert, but still better than many places, and much better than outdoors.

Second thing: Within Temptation exists. There was two or three people hyped to see them. I didn't mind, if you like Dutch symphonic metal they're another Dutch symphonic metal band. I made some friends around me, as is my way.

Maiden fucking ruled. Aside from Bruce getting a little ahead of himself on the first chorus of Stratego, there were no timing issues of note or any different than in previous tours. I do think there was a couple moments he leaned in to ask Steve or Adrian something just before singing and they seemed to count to him, so I wonder if that's a change.

The set went well. All band members performed strongly, Adrian was singing along, Dave played mostly well but I feel he phoned in a solo or two. I thought Janick was very visible, moreso than normal, especially at the end of Iron Maiden when he dropped his guitar off the stage and it took him a minute or two to reel it in. Steve and Adrian didn't look impressed at that, but Bruce poked fun and they all laughed, so it must have been alright.

Got the shirts I wanted on the way out, and was very happy. Really enjoyed the show.

I honestly dont think its been said enough how absolutely outstanding this tour has been, i dont know how theyre going to beat it.
LOTB is one of their best tours ever, without a doubt (the Cathedral realm is amazing.., backdrops, stage props, everything). But I'm sure they'll beat it with next year's tour - stage (this is possible because of the SIT theme) and setlist wise. It's Maiden!

Those London shows at the O2 in 2018 were phenomenal and that setlist was unbeatable. As much as I am sure the next tour will be great, I think Maiden’s 2018 show will never be surpassed.
2018/2019 tour will be hard to beat for certain. On a personal level I do think 2023 has potential to do that for me considering how much I love the Senjutsu and SiT albums. Especially if they play AtG.

Speaking of Dave, I don't think I ever touched on this in either of my reviews, but he seems much more, I don't know, focused(?) on his solos this year. 2019 felt like he'd noodle about or just hang on a single note more often.

Not heard him in person this year, but I agree that in recent years he's sounded like he's taking a gentle walk in the park. He was good in Maiden England 20-whateveritwas-teen

The bootlegs? I wanted the 3/4 length red / white shirt but $75 is just too much. I picked up a knockoff for $20 on my way out. Pure impulse buy.
Nah, there was an official table at the main exit. I got there quick as I was on the floor and got to go out through the back of the arena. I don't mind paying.

Band photo in Ottawa. For a souvenir of the tour as usual or for another live album/concert video?

im live Canada 2022.jpg

Guitar news: Adrian again uses the flying V for Revelations and the black Les Paul for Clansman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back