LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're blood siiiibliiiiiings :D

Thanks for answering.

Idk- it’s not Bruce’s fault, but ‘unwoke’ is like red meat. As soon as he said that a bunch of people just cheered at the term ‘unwoke’ and don’t get the full context of what he was saying.

Tbh- I couldn’t get it all myself, it’s hard to understand what he’s saying at some point. I just know the roar at the term unwoke was disappointing.

As for the spontaneously combust comment, I took it 100% as a ‘the pandemic response was overreaction’ that I am sure about. I’m not in his head- but I asked a few other folks who were at the show and they all agreed it was dripping with sarcasm but definitely came across as a dig against shutting things down

Either way- great show and I am excited to see them again in N.C!

Yeah, the vibe I got from both shows with his pre-Blood Brothers rants was more "Well, that was stupid and unnecessary, wasn't it?" rather than "Wasn't that boring?"

At least for Chicago he went into reminiscing about their first time playing Chicago and dug out the "How many of you were even born in 1982?" schtick... then he veered into "past three years of bullshit blahblahblah."

Idk- it’s not Bruce’s fault, but ‘unwoke’ is like red meat. As soon as he said that a bunch of people just cheered at the term ‘unwoke’ and don’t get the full context of what he was saying.

Tbh- I couldn’t get it all myself, it’s hard to understand what he’s saying at some point. I just know the roar at the term unwoke was disappointing.

As for the spontaneously combust comment, I took it 100% as a ‘the pandemic response was overreaction’ that I am sure about. I’m not in his head- but I asked a few other folks who were at the show and they all agreed it was dripping with sarcasm but definitely came across as a dig against shutting things down

Either way- great show and I am excited to see them again in N.C!
Oh, he literally used the word "unwoke"? That's weird. I know that the bandmembers themselves can have conservative views, but it's difficult for me to see how someone can be a Maiden fan (considering a lot of the themes in their song) and at the same time cheer for "unwoke", or unironically using "woke" as an insult.

I haven't seen recent videos, but in the Europe leg his pre-BB rant came across as a slightly cliché "the last two years sucked, we all went through difficult times, but now we're here to rock". Thanks for the additional context.

He's a week away from twatting on about Hunter Biden's laptop.

His pre-Blood Brothers rants only landed for me when they were about Dio. They’ve always been a bit goofy imo. A lot of it is just pandering too. He knows saying something like “unwoke” is going to get the audience to go wild.

I was surprised how awesome of a concert closer is Aces High, but it's not good for Bruce's voice. As he said, this is one of the most challenging songs for him to sing live. He is doing very good with it (and not only) so far during this US leg of the tour (and earlier during the tour) and had good performance in 2019 and great ones in 2018 (his voice was amazing back then, at 2008 or even 2000 level). Some of the performances were not good, but I think he also wants to save his voice. Bruce is still a ''beast'' live! I'm sure he will sound even better next year.

Bruce on Aces High didn't sound great at the California shows.

He did however sound *fantastic* on Flight of Icarus at the California shows.

Oh, he literally used the word "unwoke"? That's weird. I know that the bandmembers themselves can have conservative views, but it's difficult for me to see how someone can be a Maiden fan (considering a lot of the themes in their song) and at the same time cheer for "unwoke", or unironically using "woke" as an insult.

I haven't seen recent videos, but in the Europe leg his pre-BB rant came across as a slightly cliché "the last two years sucked, we all went through difficult times, but now we're here to rock". Thanks for the additional context.

Metal is a very trad genre IMHO. Contrast metal with alternative rock (or a band like Radiohead) where constant evolution and trying new things is more important than respecting what came before.

Many of Maiden's lyrics uphold (or at least give subtle praise to) tradition.

YMMV of course, depending on how any particular fan views their lyrics.

Metal is a very trad genre IMHO. Contrast metal with alternative rock (or a band like Radiohead) where constant evolution and trying new things is more important than respecting what came before.

Many of Maiden's lyrics uphold (or at least give subtle praise to) tradition.

YMMV of course, depending on how any particular fan views their lyrics.
I can certainly see that. At the same time metalheads always pride themselves on this feeling of brotherhood. A sense of unity for the outcasts and those who don't conform to mainstream music. Feels weird to celebrate "unwoke"-ness (which is exlusionary) while trying to portray yourself as this big family. At least Bruce's rants during TBOS were along the lines of "no matter your religion, country, sex, gender etc, we're all Blood Brothers". He joked about there being more genders nowadays, but, at least back then, it didn't come across as mean-spirited.

Feels weird to celebrate "unwoke"-ness (which is exlusionary) while trying to portray yourself as this big family.

Agree wholeheartedly. It's also seriously undermining to any sense of rebelliousness/anti-authoritarianism in the music to hear this increasing adoption of the language of the hard right. You could well read the lyrics of Writing on the Wall as a lament for colonialism.

All that's left of what we were, it's what we have become
Once our empires glorious but now the empire's gone
The dead gave us the time to live and now our time is done

I think you are exaggerating a bit,it probably has as much to do with his views as a "Greek cunt". That is, to be precise, rather irrelevant. Bruce is probably centre-right, but I can bet that he is not Donald Trump-right or Viktor Orban-right, rather a moderate traditionalist with a liberal approach to the economy.
It's just a clue, but his partner is definitely not a conservative - I assume if he was that hardcore right-winger, he might have a problem with her views

I'm guessing someone around his kids' ages tried to explain "woke" to him and he got a weird garbled concept. Whatever. It's dumb but lots of stuff is.

I mean, its possible to agree with some aspects of the "plank" of the right while agreeing with more aspects of the "plank" of the left, I suppose?

Sure. Of course. To take an easy example, most people either side of the aisle enjoy the benefits of free trade and would like to see them continue - the questions are those of regulation, of whether The Market is there to serve the people or whether people are there to serve The Market, of how much isolationism is compatible with this.

I think you are exaggerating a bit,it probably has as much to do with his views as a "Greek cunt". That is, to be precise, rather irrelevant. Bruce is probably centre-right, but I can bet that he is not Donald Trump-right or Viktor Orban-right, rather a moderate traditionalist with a liberal approach to the economy.

I would be surprised if he were rooting for Biden over Trump in the last American election. His self-proclaimed Europhobia placed him squarely towards the right edge of the British tories. I've no desire to Fisk his pronouncements on brexit line-by-line, but I will note that like so many of the project's loudest cheerleaders, he has done so while enjoying the benefits of residence in France, and particularly distastefully for a touring musician, he has helped pull the ladder up out of the reach of so many of the next generation of British touring musicians.

Last edited:
Probably from the perspective that 'woke' = snowflake and soft, metal guys take it on the chin, etc etc. Still sounds more Daily Mail than free thinking or anti authority.

Sure. Of course. To take an easy example, most people either side of the aisle enjoy the benefits of free trade and would like to see them continue - the questions are those of regulation, of whether The Market is there to serve the people or whether people are there to serve The Market, of how much isolationism is compatible with this.

I would be surprised if he were rooting for Biden over Trump in the last American election. His self-proclaimed Europhobia placed him squarely towards the right edge of the British tories. I've no desire to Fisk his pronouncements on brexit line-by-line, but I will note that like so many of the project's loudest cheerleaders, he has done so while enjoying the benefits of residence in France, and particularly distastefully for a touring musician, he has helped pull the ladder up out of the reach of so many of the next generation of British touring musicians.

Well, I think there's much more aspect that place you on the right or the left or any edge of any party than just your views to the European Union.
Also, there are many different reasons people voted for Brexit. I'm totally pro-EU, but the approach that all those who voted for it are far-right maniacs is an absurd.
Anyway, I think we are flying away from the main topic.

thank you mate. Couldn't have said it better and I agree 100%.

It's just a clue, but his partner is definitely not a conservative - I assume if he was that hardcore right-winger, he might have a problem with her views

Bruce defined himself as right of centre in this interview, but considering his praise of Margaret Thatcher/Milk snatched I am not sure his centre is at the centre. :lol:

Last edited:
Do you think instead of doing "scream for me....(insert place name here)", Bruce can bring a personal touch to gigs by labelling everyone '(insert nationality here) cunts'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back