LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why they chose to play Download over a doing a stadium gig in the UK. Could of done a medium size stadium like Coventry if they didn't think a bigger one would sell out.
Bear in mind they were initially to play in 2020, not long after they had done arena tours back to back in 2017 and 18 and, presumably at that time with the same or a very similar setlist to 2018, 2020 leg was initially planned as a lap of honour in UK and EU.

I wonder why they chose to play Download over a doing a stadium gig in the UK. Could of done a medium size stadium like Coventry if they didn't think a bigger one would sell out.
Sadly i dont think we'll see another UK stadium show, its been 14 years since the last one now. Problem is that Download is so reliant on having maiden, metallica or slipknot every year, id imagine they just get given a blank cheque and put whatever figure they want on it! Plus i expect festivals are easier with all the stage/infrastructure etc already in place.

Last time i met Steve (3 or 4 years back) i was a bit drunk and enthusiastically told him id recently seen both GNR and the foo fighters strutting round West Hams ground like they owned the place and surely that was a perfect place for a Maiden stadium show, he didnt seem that interested haha :lol:

Dont think sales were at the level theyd hoped and from where i was sitting the sound was piss-poor as well .
It was probably the least memorable Maiden gig I’ve been to. I was at university and could only afford tickets in the gods. I don’t remember much of the show. I went with 3 of my mates. One of them bought tickets last minute and sat miles away from us. He was pissed that I didn’t get pitch tickets. Not sure that being on the pitch would have improved much.

Looking back, I wish they would have just done a run of shows at Earls Court.

Barcelona Stadium show seemed so close to sold out 2 years ago and there are a lot of seats available today. It seems that Ticketmaster kept them until the last moment

I've never enjoyed Maiden outdoors at stadiums and festivals as much as seeing them in arenas. Metallica, Rammstein, AC/DC with the huge video screens and stages that extend into the audience etc. I've enjoyed at festivals but Maiden's stage set just doesn't translate as well and probably less so as they begin to slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back