LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the show that I saw was great, but now it's kinda funny to see some (or even plenty) comments regarding Maiden's Download show.
Not sure if it really is only national thing, but I was under the impression that whatever Maiden does in UK seems to be so easily being being put down. For the start of the show with 3 Senjutsu tracks, some people found them flat. I mean, beg your pardon?
Iron Maiden is totally on fire and Bruce delivering the best in years as the few wasted years (due to pandemia) gave the time for him to rest and take good care of his voice.

So, have to say it again here..it will always go on like this, no matter what:
Some will complain, some will praise, some will just bitch around and some will...whatever.
I have seen several posts outside of here about Download and the comments from folks who saw the show were very positive

I have seen several posts outside of here about Download and the comments from folks who saw the show were very positive
Definitely so, and it's good that they've gotten positive reviews. Same thing happened here in Finland, it's great to have Maiden in top form and audiences like them really much. Finland loves Iron Maiden so much.
I've followed some talk from UK friend that I have on Facebook and from what did gather of those comments regarding Download, it seems that there's number of people that weren't impressed with how the show went. Some of them are really stupid comments and maybe there's people that haven't actually seen any of their shows, as they just wanna give bad reviews.

Nicko was with a sweatshirt for the first couple of songs in Download:

There was a breeze coming in from the west which hit the stage. You could see the Pagoda towers and backdrops swaying in the wind. Bruce commented near the end that it was freezing up there.

Comments on the Download Facebook seem to be overwhelmingly positive, not bad considering the usual "it's always the same headliners" moaning.

Just got home from Maiden in Belfast. I verified something that I had learned before but I didnt want to comment until I had relearned it. What I relearned is this; fuck youtube and fuck the naysayers (no offense intended, subjective etc blah blah). Iron Maiden still have it. Bruce is a wonder, tempos are fine. I was quite far back and fearful of the crowd losing interest during the opening 40mins but no, people of all ages all around me singing along to the new stuff, in awe of Sign of the Cross. An old school punk beside me said "fuck me, I had no idea that they were this good" during Sign of the Cross. And that wasnt the only such comment. I was overjoyed. I knew that I would love it but was delighted to find the non fans also loving it. The band seemed to really enjoy it. Obviously as pros they can fake that shit but I believed it, believed the smiles and Bruces reaction.
So, to conclude and to finish, anybody debating whether or not to buy a ticket based on chat here/youtube videos; buy a ticket, live free, die hard.
Point of note; Belfast was heaving with English Maiden fans who chose to come to Belfast rather than go to Donnington.

Just got home from Maiden in Belfast. I verified something that I had learned before but I didnt want to comment until I had relearned it. What I relearned is this; fuck youtube and fuck the naysayers (no offense intended, subjective etc blah blah). Iron Maiden still have it. Bruce is a wonder, tempos are fine. I was quite far back and fearful of the crowd losing interest during the opening 40mins but no, people of all ages all around me singing along to the new stuff, in awe of Sign of the Cross. An old school punk beside me said "fuck me, I had no idea that they were this good" during Sign of the Cross. And that wasnt the only such comment. I was overjoyed. I knew that I would love it but was delighted to find the non fans also loving it. The band seemed to really enjoy it. Obviously as pros they can fake that shit but I believed it, believed the smiles and Bruces reaction.
So, to conclude and to finish, anybody debating whether or not to buy a ticket based on chat here/youtube videos; buy a ticket, live free, die hard.
Point of note; Belfast was heaving with English Maiden fans who chose to come to Belfast rather than go to Donnington.
Totally agree, i would never complain about a show anyway (a crap Maiden show is still twice as good as anyone else at their best) but having watched a few of the previous shows on YouTube i think that setlist (particularly the encores) works a lot better when you're sctually there. And i guess the band would say that their job is to please paying customers not those watching badly filmed videos for free!

Theres a vibe/an atmosphere (lets call it 'an X factor'!) that just doesnt translate when youre watching at home - im normally a bit sick of FOTD and often skip it but when youre there u dont have that option and end up screaming along and enjoying yourself! I thought Trooper and Clansman got a new energy from being moved to the back end of the show too.

Really enjoyed visiting Belfast for the first time yesterday too - im at the age now where a nice comfy bed in the Premier Inn followed by an early flight home is WAY more preferable than 3 days in a tent at Donington!!!

Here's the Guardian's Download review - https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...nster-metal-weekend-roars-back-to-full-volume

Friday and Saturday headliners Kiss and Iron Maiden share that crowdpleasing mentality, both gleefully overindulging during their respective two-hour sets. Gene Simmons et al flaunt all the visual splendour money can buy, from fire-spitting to sky-high platforms. While they complement the opulence with standard and concise pop rock, Maiden are more compositionally flashy thanks to giants like Hallowed Be Thy Name and Fear of the Dark, but repeat costume changes and invasions by their mascot, Eddie, still create compelling heavy metal theatre.

Totally agree, i would never complain about a show anyway (a crap Maiden show is still twice as good as anyone else at their best) but having watched a few of the previous shows on YouTube i think that setlist (particularly the encores) works a lot better when you're sctually there. And i guess the band would say that their job is to please paying customers not those watching badly filmed videos for free!

Theres a vibe/an atmosphere (lets call it 'an X factor'!) that just doesnt translate when youre watching at home - im normally a bit sick of FOTD and often skip it but when youre there u dont have that option and end up screaming along and enjoying yourself! I thought Trooper and Clansman got a new energy from being moved to the back end of the show too.

Really enjoyed visiting Belfast for the first time yesterday too - im at the age now where a nice comfy bed in the Premier Inn followed by an early flight home is WAY more preferable than 3 days in a tent at Donington!!!
Totally with ye, I never put on 2 Mins or Fear but live they are consistently joyous highlights. And I agree, the set was well paced. I was skeptical when I learned of the changes, I thought it was too slow to start, Clansman too long for an encore, Aces too late etc but in the moment it worked a treat. I was with 3 first times and their minds were blown. I think I sometimes take Maidens performance levels and spectical for granted but seeing the "what the fuck?!" look on their faced made me realise, once again, what a beast Maiden are live. Was also with an old cockney geezer who knew them back in the day, he would just throw in comments like "aw yeah, I remember Steve doin that move in the Cart an 'orses back in the day."
I think we missed the trick for a MaidenFans meet up, probably more here that were at the gig.

There's not a lot of things as funny to see at a live concert than a first-timer's face when the big Eddie pops out from the back in Iron Maiden. :D
When the big inflatable came up during Iron Maiden the Italian girl with me turned to me wide eyed and biting her fingers, she couldn't believe how brilliant it was. Second nature to me but its great to be in the company of recent converts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back