LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping to see the band on fire tomorrow in Hyvinkää Rockfest. It's been so long time since saw them last in 2018.
Definitely excited for the precious moments, everytime I get to see Maiden, it's that special for me.
Have to check out the t-shirts and most likely Im going to buy the event shirt.
"Welcome home - it's been too long, we've missed you"

Last edited:
Bruce sounding great on Icarus tonight:
He also sounded great on Aces High for a 2nd show in a row. The case was the same during TBOS tour, where later shows were better than the early ones.
Stratego is the one I think works even better live: the way Bruce switches to the second voice in the second part of the chorus gives the song even more dynamics and the fact the voice mimicking guitar gets much more buried in the mix sounds superb.
I think the chorus will sound even better with backing vocals.

Hey, I haven't watched any clips of the show, but I will ask one thing:
Is there proper intro video or stuff like that before the first song in the set?

in Re: Backup singers
Please, keep the singing in the band. Professional backup singers would be a terrible idea IMO. Maiden are one of the few real bands with no backing singers, no backing musicians, no backing tracks, no backing anything. That's why they're great IMO.
Take another band I like, Meshuggah. When I saw them the first few times, the played with no backing tracks, pretty sure without a click track, and the light show was done live by the drummer's brother, who knew the music inside out. It wasn't perfect, but it was awesome. Today, their light show is insane and perfectly synchronized in advance to... the backing tracks and the click track. It's incredible, it's perfect, but for me, it's less awesome.
By contrast, Maiden are still the real deal. And in spite of all their flaws, they seem to be pretty awesome right now (but I still don't need to hear the Trooper ever again).

in Re: Backup singers
Please, keep the singing in the band. Professional backup singers would be a terrible idea IMO. Maiden are one of the few real bands with no backing singers, no backing musicians, no backing tracks, no backing anything. That's why they're great IMO.
Take another band I like, Meshuggah. When I saw them the first few times, the played with no backing tracks, pretty sure without a click track, and the light show was done live by the drummer's brother, who knew the music inside out. It wasn't perfect, but it was awesome. Today, their light show is insane and perfectly synchronized in advance to... the backing tracks and the click track. It's incredible, it's perfect, but for me, it's less awesome.
By contrast, Maiden are still the real deal. And in spite of all their flaws, they seem to be pretty awesome right now (but I still don't need to hear the Trooper ever again).
I agree they should stay with band members, but unfortunately Adrian is the only one who can sing. There’s no doubt that they’d sound way better if they could all help out on gang vocals while Adrian covers harmonies, but no way they’ll ever get to that now.

Iron Maiden allegedly had a back up drummer, Joe Lazarus, for the past few tours.
Sorry, might be a translation thing. I mean background-singers or -musicians, who play live with the band, not substitute musicians in case of illness or whatever. What's the right word?

@jazz from hell Not sure about the word, supporting musicians maybe? Touring musicians? Something like that.
What you say is mostly correct though they had Michael Kenney playing keybords for at least 7th Son tour, hidden in the background somewhere. Probably in other tours as well.

What you say is mostly correct though they had Michael Kenney playing keybords for at least 7th Son tour, hidden in the background somewhere. Probably in other tours as well.
Michael Kenney (Steve's bass tech) plays keyboards for the band live to this day. Practically always backstage (that one three-hour club gig they did under a fake name in '98 remains the sole exception), although on the Seventh Tour and the Maiden England tour they did bring him up on a lift for the middle section of SSOASS, dressed as "The Count" with his clothes, makeup and fangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back