LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spontaneous decision has been made.

I'm going to Riga tomorrow.

Senjutsu. The Writing on the Wall. Stratego. Revelations. Blood Brothers. Sign of the Cross. Flight of Icarus.

These alone make the set worth all the time and effort.

I'M SO HAPPY!
Enjoy mate! I'm only doing Belfast this year. 12 days to go, can't wait!

Bruce sounds great on Aces High
That's just bad.
Acceptable.
now he's better again.
I don't think Bruce sounds any worse than he did in the mid to late 80's.
This is his best performance of Aces High so far.
Oh boy thats rough. I think it should be dropped.

Fascinating. Could opinions be any more divided?

Lets put it this way, if i wanted to introduce iron maiden to someone that had never heard them before, the last time performance i would show them is aces high from this tour.

Lets put it this way, if i wanted to introduce iron maiden to someone that had never heard them before, the last time performance i would show them is aces high from this tour.
By now I'm also tired about this matter and if Aces High isn't dropped or the overall quality takes a nosedive this is the last time I'll address it. That being said let me assure you a brief search at Youtube will grant you way worst performances (or a specific one at any record store).

Let me assure you a brief search at Youtube will grant you way worst performances (or a specific one at any record store).

Maybe so, but that doesn't make aces high from this tour any less bad than it is. Bruce is 64 though, its totally understandable that he can't do it anymore. A vocalist at the top of their game like Floor Jansen is 41, I wouldn't expect her to belting out ghost love score as well as she does now when she is 64 either.

Can't wait to catch them at Donnington next Saturday!!

Really good to see Blood Brothers return to the set, because it's a song that always brings out the emotioms and frankly we all need to hear it right now.

I am quite used to it being played in the encores. For those of you following this tour thus far, what is your take on it being played quite early in the set?

Yesterday I was at the show in Kaunas. Great gig. Sadly arena was far from sold out.
First time experienced the show sitting. Very comfortable:okok: Oh, and the sound was loud, almost too loud:scared: Hanging PA systems were directed at our sector. While experiencing the show live, 'in the moment' I did not feel that the band/Bruce is tired or worn out. Far from it. They looked strong as ever. As well oiled machine.
Minor minuses: Inflatable pagodas were little bit like Pisa tower, not completely straight standing. Aces High as a set closer - little bit out of place.
Show highlights: Flight of Icarus, Sign of the Cross, Fear of the Dark (this song is Iron Maiden's Enter Sandman/Nothing Else Matters. Everybody knows it)
Hallowed be thy Name, The Number of the Beast - those flames gives you Ooomph. Run to the Hills.
5 days gap schedule gave them time to recharge batteries. They need to tour in smaller increments like Metallica does.
Anyways, great show!
20220531_210818.jpg
20220531_215621.jpg
20220531_221044.jpg

Last edited:
Senjutsu. The Writing on the Wall. Stratego. Revelations. Blood Brothers. Sign of the Cross. Flight of Icarus.
Yup... I think the new tracks, Sign Of The Cross, Flight Of Icarus and even Aces High (especially due to visuals) are the high points judging by the footage.

Have a nice gig.

I'd make a new thread, but I've had to make a new account, as I changed email addresses recently and the re-confirmation email won't come through for some reason.

I was just wondering, has there been any event shirts for the gigs this year so far?

If there haven't been any yet, has anyone heard any rumblings if they'll be on sale in the official store for 24 hours when there is a shirt for an upcoming gig like in 2019?

Oh, and the sound was loud, almost too loud:scared:
Maybe this is the same team that has recorded, mixed and mastered the live album 'Nights Of The Dead, Legacy Of The Beast, Live In Mexico City', a.k.a. Ade Emsley and Tony Newton, which is responsible for the sound of this third and last leg of the Legacy Of The Beast tour. So, that's normal that the sound was too loud. That was the same on the previous legs. I don't really think they are good sound engineers as the production of the LOTB live album was really weird and so was the sound on 'The Book Of Souls - The Live Chapter'. IMO, they should stop doing what they do and concentrate on another job...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back