LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s advanced a few more years since we last heard him live. No doubt the cancer has affected his voice. If he has to concentrate more on his performance now and forego audience banter then I have no problem with that. Maybe he’s not feeling particularly well atm. Or maybe he’s not pleased with the setlist/order. We don’t really know for certain. Like you say, let’s give it a bit of time.
Bruce said in interviews that speaking is not natural for the human being and can exhaust the voice. So, that's why he avoids to communicate with people during the shows now.

Fuck me every post I’ve read from you in this thread is a moan about something.

On that subject way too many people nit picking every little part of two shows and talking trash and being negative. Someone new to this forum reading this thread would think this is an anti-maiden bashing forum.

We don’t have to be blind to issues and love everything but some people have way to much time on their hands and seem to be over analysing every little thing.
Wait until you experience it live. No matter what you expect it is simply difficult not to be taken aback after seeing it live. This song sequence is perfect if the intention was to emphasize every single of their weaknesses. 2018-2019 legs were masterfully balanced to highlight the best and somewhat conceal the issues we're all aware of. Whoever insisted on messing up with the original LOTB running order (Senjutsu the song as a centerpiece like SSOTSS on Maiden England 2012-2013 would be just fine) is not a well-wisher of this band. Why choosing to present themselves in this light when it's so obvious it could be much much better is beyond me.

Bruce said in interviews that speaking is not natural for the human being and can exhaust the voice. So, that's why he avoids to communicate with people during the shows now.
I think that's cool and fine for me. I've seen more talkative Bruce (in concerts and book tour), so I give all the peace and rest he's needing there. I support this idea.
I think he can give his voice little rest there during the pauses, instrumental sections and song changes, atleast the good thing is that by doing this he can avoid ruining his voice. Remember that if he hadn't already taken good care of his voice and himself, I think he just managed to keep his voice in good shape for many years avoiding the fate of singers like Paul Stanley and Jon Bon Jovi.

Yeah there is no nice way to say it but thats actually an awful attempt, i cringed watching that
Bruce nailed it better in the Zagreb show indeed but still better than NOTD (had to listen to that disgrace again to compare it). Strangely he is also sounding quite strained during Hallowed Be Thy Name . Other songs sound pretty decent.

I am concerned regarding how Bruce so far acts on the stage. I hope it will change. I have never liked Rob's approach to live shows and don't want to Bruce act the same. Bruce's banters makes show more intimate and friendly. I don't like it's just business approach.

Fuck me every post I’ve read from you in this thread is a moan about something.

On that subject way too many people nit picking every little part of two shows and talking trash and being negative. Someone new to this forum reading this thread would think this is an anti-maiden bashing forum.

We don’t have to be blind to issues and love everything but some people have way to much time on their hands and seem to be over analysing every little thing.
My only gripe is Aces High being placed as the last song. Why? Because obviously Bruce will increasingly struggle to deliver the vocals on such a demanding tune that deep in the setlist and I'm afraid the band decides to cut it off due to that fact. And one thing is watching this show with Aces High (which IMO is quite cool) while other is watching it without it (which downgrades it severely... yes, that's how much I love the damn song).
Other than that it's ok for me and I'll gladly buy my ticket. But if they ditch it I'm on the fence with a foot out.

Last edited:
To sum up this thread so far (and just so I'm clear), people who were actually at the shows had a great time and people who watched it on someone's phone think it was terrible?

Gotcha. :ok:
Absolutely not. They sounded way better in the opening night (and even the majority of yesterday's show) than in the last leg of 2019 IMO.

To sum up this thread so far (and just so I'm clear), people who were actually at the shows had a great time and people who watched it on someone's phone think it was terrible?

Gotcha. :ok:
I'm afraid it's the other way round. At 42, I'm expecting a conservative approach. Give me couple of rockers and singalongs first, right after Doctor Doctor, and then I'm ready to appreciate solo showoffs like Senjutsu later on, and can take in FOTD spread over 10 fucking minutes. Wish I was more open-minded though so I could enjoy Aces Flaccid etc. But I love this band and so it hurts

Janick's main black strat has a new black pickup in the middle position. So all pickups are now black. Most of the set is done on this guitar. During TWOTW, Blood Brothers, FOTD and Clansman he plays the white strat. IM is the White Spirit strat and RTTH is the cream wireless strat.
For the second show yesterday, he also played Stratego with the white Strat.

Close-up (with a great quality) of Adrian's stunning solo in TWOTW:

But why Janick's licks at the end of the song are omitted? The melody under the chorus too... Strange.
They also played IESF quite differently live. It is strange indeed...I mean with the 3 guitars and all one would expect them to play more and not less. But are we sure Jan isn't just inaudible in this clip?

Last edited:
Having watched a full show it is odd seeing Bruce have next to no interaction with the audience, its like hes decided the only time hes going to use his voice is to sing and thats it, other than a brief speech before blood brothers. but gone are the screeaaam for meees and any other thing he usually says to get the crowd going.
very noticable during revelations where hes usually all over the crowd to get them going, this time choses to spend most the instrumental section standing on the drum riser etc
Exactly were my thoughts on it. Bruce is like saving stamina and focus to sing really good. No runs,no jumps. But he sounded great

I think the most dificults songs in the setlist are flight of icarus aces high and hallowed but he still do a decent job. But if you change those for another less demanding classics? Maiden for a decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back