LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crowd was great, during full show everybody was standing. Even during slow paced part of show.

Aces is not working as closer, RTT is perfect closer on this set.

Honestly, Senjutsu stage is looking small and "cheap" like some power metal band stage.

Religion is fantastic and Icarus and Spitfire are epic also.

Backdrops for mid songs, hell and lava are one of the worst backdrops from whole history of the tours.
…and after all of this…do you want Bruce say something to you? :cool:

Nico is the same age as my dad. I can't imagine my dad playing drums for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Thank you! When you are already in your 60's aging a few years can make an impact. So no, they may not be able to "easily do this or that" any longer. I will be 57 in a couple months and I've noticed there's been a change in some things I could do in the last couple years. Granted I'm not in the best shape though ;). Nicko is 70 this year...let's curb the expectation a bit.

At least he could raised a flag for all these people who came. :D

Arena was packed, exits and stairways were fully blocked.
The flag would cause a backlash on Youtube and such because it is an inverted color scheme of a Russian one and most Westerners are not aware of that. It was hard not to notice lack of chemistry between Bruce and the band in Zagreb, and he looked like he doesn't give a shit for the audience.

Thank you! When you are already in your 60's aging a few years can make an impact. So no, they may not be able to "easily do this or that" any longer. I will be 57 in a couple months and I've noticed there's been a change in some things I could do in the last couple years. Granted I'm not in the best shape though ;). Nicko is 70 this year...let's curb the expectation a bit.

I do not mean to sound disrespectful (Nicko is still a fantastic drummer and the comment is not aimed at him; David Coverdale and Bon Jovi are a different story) but shouldn’t retirement be the answer to when people cannot longer do their job?

See how Bruce interacts with the band and the audience over the next few shows. Maybe there's something else on his mind that's stopping him from engaging fully? Who knows.

See how Bruce interacts with the band and the audience over the next few shows. Maybe there's something else on his mind that's stopping him from engaging fully? Who knows.
Maybe he is just extremely focused on performing what is doubtlessly a very challenging set for him. It's also worth remembering that lots of the 'bits' have developed over the course of other tours and weren't there in the first few shows, e.g. putting the flag over Janick's head or drenching him in blood in the Book of Souls tour and setting off all the pyro with the big plunger on RTTH. Hopefully once he hits his stride he will loosen up a bit and have more fun with things.

Ok the good news is that they are in the middle 60s and the sound 80% of the show like 2008. Maybe the should think about dropping some classics like aces high. And bring some songs less demanding,like heaven can wait ,and many others and still would be an amazing set. Senjutsu songs were nailed by bruce. Amazing

He’s advanced a few more years since we last heard him live. No doubt the cancer has affected his voice. If he has to concentrate more on his performance now and forego audience banter then I have no problem with that. Maybe he’s not feeling particularly well atm. Or maybe he’s not pleased with the setlist/order. We don’t really know for certain. Like you say, let’s give it a bit of time.

I do not mean to sound disrespectful (Nicko is still a fantastic drummer and the comment is not aimed at him; David Coverdale and Bon Jovi are a different story) but shouldn’t retirement be the answer to when people cannot longer do their job?
Can’t disagree there. I think the band (and they think) have a few more years left in them though. Perhaps Nicko may rethink things after this tour. It seems like this will be the longest leg they’ve done in some time (I could be wrong, not back checking). Will see. I’m just thankful for whatever Maiden we have left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back