Legacy of the Beast Tour Second Leg Rumours & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it is his best performance, as he has been consistently great on this tour, but in my humble opinion Flight of Icarus definitely was one of the highlights of the show.

By the reaction of the audience both nights at the O2, it was one of the highlights for most people too. They were singing the lyrics from start to end!
I also got the impression that Bruce was really more consistent this year, unlike TBOS tour where he had not so good nights towards the end. But this year he was just nailing the songs night after night, maybe it's because it was a shorter tour or maybe in 2016 he was still recovering.

I also got the impression that Bruce was really more consistent this year, unlike TBOS tour where he had not so good nights towards the end. But this year he was just nailing the songs night after night, maybe it's because it was a shorter tour or maybe in 2016 he was still recovering.

You are right about the 2016 TBOS tour (his voice was really strong in 2017).

This quote from a 2015 interview with Bruce left me wondering how much had Rod thought about his recovery when booking the 2016 tour.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/e...t/news-story/87852e737ad9496b9df64f31979f98a8

Bruce Dickinson said:
“I look at the schedule and said to our manager ‘This is kind of exactly the same intensity of touring we had before, if not more so’. And he went ‘Ah, yeah, we’ve got to get around to all these places’. That’s okay, as long as you appreciate this could be a work in progress for the first few weeks. But let’s see.

“The key to all this is to allow a really good long period of rehearsal and run up to this to get the voice dialled in, get everything back in shape. Don’t try and climb the mountain by the steepest path, take the gradual way up.”

Fortunately all worked out well...

Last edited:
Back when Maiden were playing the UK gigs there was some discussion about why Maiden were not using St. George's flag when Eddie was being shot by Bruce during The Trooper. The answer can be found in the most recent FC magazine (issue #109), courtesy of Ed Stewart-Lockhart from the Phantom team.

Ed Stewart-Lockhart said:
Talking of The Trooper, a few of you may be wondering why in the UK we used a Legacy of the Beast flag on the musket. Well, Bruce quite rightly pointed out that you could never shoot Eddie with a British or English flag, which wasn't something we had thought of but we all agreed that he was absolutely right!

It's crazy how all the speculation has died down after the tour; this topic is like a cemetery compared to the circus that was the pre-tour discussion in the other one.

I made a bet with my GF that if Maiden are to make another European leg in 2019 and they play Greece, she will come with me at the concert :p

Do you guys think it is likely they will visit Europe again this shortly?

Possibly, though they did say rest of the world in 2019 though, so I would expect North and South America at the very least.
Did they? I seem to recall the announcement only saying "the tour is expected to continue in 2019". If they do Europe, I think next year will be it for the Legacy of the Beast tour. If they don't do Europe next year, I'm expecting a short summer leg in 2020 before recording a new album later that year.

I think Nicko's tongue was loose at Rock N Roll Ribs or one of his drum events.
I think he said they will tour in North America next year. Maybe someone asked him if they were going there? That doesn't rule out Europe, South America or the rest of the world.

Indeed it does not. I hope LOTB doesn't drag on too long as I want a new Maiden album plus Bruce's solo album with some shows. I probably want too much.

Indeed it does not. I hope LOTB doesn't drag on too long as I want a new Maiden album plus Bruce's solo album with some shows. I probably want too much.
I can do without Bruce solo shows, he needs Maiden to fulfill his potential live. And I think for him it's worse to go touring between Maiden tours than for Steve. He needs to look after his voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back