Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It always gets a fantastic reception as well. It's one of the songs which improve most from studio to live. It's really intense live, and the "I want you, Iron Maiden is gonna get all of you" is legendary. The coolest way to finish a set IMO. Wonder if Bruce is tired of saying those lines.

Not to mention it's the entire basis of Big Eddie

I don’t personally care for balanced setlist, I’m really honestly bored with some classic song, I can’t act euphoric if I’m not feeling it, but i came on FTGGOG and Wicker Man touch me more than I thought it will.

Thank you, you’re right. I can’t imagine how is listening to this songs on your 43rd concert, I would probably be asleep. It’s very fresh hearing songs that are not overplayed, I know there are prople which are there for the first time and they want hear the classics but I think compromise could be better.

There are always LOTS of people at a Maiden show for the first time and people who haven’t seen them in decades. Those classic overplayed songs are for them. Listen how the crowd pops when they play The Trooper or Fear of the Dark. Steve and Bruce know what they’re doing.

The rest of us just need to be happy that Maiden is still playing at all. And it’s not like those classic overplayed songs aren’t great songs. Enjoy them for what they are. It’s not their fault they’re overplayed!

The Trooper, Fear of the Dark and Hallowed Be Thy Name, will be on every setlist. This is the right thing to do. We have listened to them a million times, but these are the best songs for a live concert.

Fear of the Dark should never get dropped because it's the best live song ever.

It is also a good moment to step outside of your head(bang)space, take out a recording device and get a minute of the atmosphere recorded. Every peasant that walked into the show knows the song. I'm always more focused at the people, e.g., looking at the the crowd when the FOTD comes on.

When Steve Harris just left the hotel and went into a taxi, he apologized to the two dozen fans for not having time. He still gave an autograph to two people. One was my son, who had the luck of standing at the right place (and perhaps also for being a child). I was not there, because I was just getting some drinks in a shop. It is very warm here.

It was almost as hot ten years ago when I waited for Steve in the glaring sunlight in Paris for an hour. Too bad you missed him, but great for little H!

When Steve Harris just left the hotel and went into a taxi, he apologized to the two dozen fans for not having time. He still gave an autograph to two people. One was my son, who had the luck of standing at the right place (and perhaps also for being a child). I was not there, because I was just getting some drinks in a shop. It is very warm here.

Nice!

I was not that lucky with him the only time I saw him. I was waiting with 10 fellow fans by the backstage entrance door of the venue they were playing in Madrid in 2000 (boy was it hot that day!) and he did not stop. In fact, neither of them did. I was not disappointed as it was pretty clear they were in a hurry, but at least we got a wave from Adrian.

I meant more recent setlists. I guess 'Fear of the Dark' was last omitted more than 15 years ago or something?

13 years ago, to be more precise (2005).

The Trooper was last omitted in 2010, 8 years ago (it was also omitted in 1986-1987, several shows in 1988, and in 2006), whilst Hallowed be Thy Name was omitted in 2012-2014 and 2017.

13 years ago, to be more precise (2005).
Close enough. :p

That was the Early Days tour, right? 'Fear of the Dark' had no place there but it still made the setlists for Somewhere Back in Time and Maiden England, so if it wasn't dropped for those tours then, sadly, I doubt it ever will be dropped.

The other two have been dropped on album tours, although there are other reasons behind Hallowed be thy Name' being dropped in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back