Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search for Iron Maiden Pachendale 2010. There should be around 5 performances. I think the worst one is when Nicko stops a few measures too early, band follows and Bruce sings "Tell the tale of Paschendale" acapella.

At 4:50. Happened both in Dallas and in San Antonio.

It's not just that Nicko stops too early, there's a much bigger fuckup that starts at the "German war propaganda machine" part. Like the whole band missed a bar. There are a lot of other little errors throughout the performance. Bruce and the band don't really sync up after the 8 minute mark, for example.
Looking back, it was a bad decision to rotate the songs, although it made sense for them to try it, because this is what fans have been crying for them to do for years. Unfortunately, a lot of fans didn't learn the lesson afterwards and still go "but Rush and Metallica!" I wish they'd have just settled for Paschendale. But I'm not really complaining, the set was amazing and this was a really great time to be a Maiden fan. Lots of great memories of the 2010 leg of the tour, probably influenced by the fact that I was starting to go through a pretty rough patch in life just after my second gig, though.

It's not just that Nicko stops too early, there's a much bigger fuckup that starts at the "German war propaganda machine" part. Like the whole band missed a bar. There are a lot of other little errors throughout the performance. Bruce and the band don't really sync up after the 8 minute mark, for example.
Looking back, it was a bad decision to rotate the songs, although it made sense for them to try it, because this is what fans have been crying for them to do for years. Unfortunately, a lot of fans didn't learn the lesson afterwards and still go "but Rush and Metallica!" I wish they'd have just settled for Paschendale. But I'm not really complaining, the set was amazing and this was a really great time to be a Maiden fan. Lots of great memories of the 2010 leg of the tour, probably influenced by the fact that I was starting to go through a pretty rough patch in life just after my second gig, though.
Yeah, true. I remember that somebody said that Nicko didn't know they were planning to play Paschendale until rehearsals started.

BTW, @Perun , since the tour is about to start and there will be setlist changes, what is the spoiler policy for this year?

They could easily go the Metallica/Rush route if they wanted, they're just not willing to put the work in.
Yeah and it's worth noting there's no reason why the rotation has to be between fucking Paschendale and Dance of Death. They could just as easily rotate much simpler songs. Rotation also wasn't the reason why they dropped BTATS on that same tour after the first show. Blaming "rotation" for a professional act not having put the time in to learn a song properly so they can actually play it is a bit funny to me and kind of sounds like a bad excuse.

Yeah and it's worth noting there's no reason why the rotation has to be between fucking Paschendale and Dance of Death. They could just as easily rotate much simpler songs. Rotation also wasn't the reason why they dropped BTATS on that same tour after the first show. Blaming "rotation" for a professional act not having put the time in to learn a song properly so they can actually play it is a bit funny to me and kind of sounds like a bad excuse.

Quoted for truth.

It is always much easier to play Wrathchild yet again.

I recently saw Tool and they were rotating about 4 slots in the setlist, including switching between two 15 minute songs (Descending and 7empest). If they can manage a rotating setlist then any band can, but as far as I'm aware Maiden have always had a fairly fixed setlist and don't see the need to change their ways at this point.

Yeah, true. I remember that somebody said that Nicko didn't know they were planning to play Paschendale until rehearsals started.
I also read this somewhere. He didn't get the correct setlist, so he didn't rehearse Paschendale before the band met up. Wonder if that's true or not.

I think they will replace "Where Eagles Dare" by "Senjutsu", "Revelations" by "The Writing On The Wall" and "The Wicker Man" by "Stratego"...
First when I read that interview from Bruce, I immediately thought that the first 3 songs were replaced in the setlist, but it might be really this kinda of situation you described. That's the most likely happening, but we will know on sunday.

BTW, @Perun , since the tour is about to start and there will be setlist changes, what is the spoiler policy for this year?
I'd imagine spoilers would be allowed in this thread only...? @Perun we'd like to hear your take on this.

BTW on the Guess The Iron Maiden Song thread, spoilers will NOT be allowed. I'll post it there as well.

Honestly, we're open to suggestions this time. We've had the impression that people didn't really care for spoilers all that much in the recent tour cycles.
We last had a tour thread in which spoilers were allowed while they were banned everywhere else on the board. There was the experiment with a spoiler and a spoiler free tour thread, but when we did that the latter one was completely deserted.

IMO I don't think it's necessary having a spoiler free thread this go round. It's still going to be mostly like the past 2 legs of LOTB with a few changes.

Honestly, we're open to suggestions this time. We've had the impression that people didn't really care for spoilers all that much in the recent tour cycles.
We last had a tour thread in which spoilers were allowed while they were banned everywhere else on the board. There was the experiment with a spoiler and a spoiler free tour thread, but when we did that the latter one was completely deserted.

I guess then it's the best if we keep spoilers in here and put a warning in the title.

P.S. Didn't get FTTB for Zagreb. Sad. I guess more time for beers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back