Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already got an email from Ticketmaster saying I'll be refunded for Belfast ticket within 28 days.

Disappointed to miss out on a gig, it softens the blow that it's only another leg of Legacy of the Beast, a tour I've seen twice and have another ticket for next year as well. It's the fans who will get nothing now that I feel sorry for.

That's what I thought too; which, along with the mention about trying to fit some of the cancelled NZ/AU/etc. dates for first half of 2022 might indicate that the new '16 style EF1 leg is now planned for 2022. Which is kinda obvious, of course, but yeah.

The fact he says in "some guise" would suggest to me that it's not LOTB.

No show in Finland, have to think more of this but I don't yet know what doing in summer next year.
Following on and then doing whatever I can and Gothenburg might be one option to visit.
I think it wasn't that necessary to carry LOTB this far..they could have let it go with this years cancellations.
Bring on the new album and it's tour instead.

If they do not add other dates for next year, the tour will be pretty short (1 month and 4 days).

I think a possible scenario is like Give Me Ed... & DOD tours - June/July 2021 (final leg of LOTB tour) and then September/December + 2022 (the new album tour) -> but when the new album will be released?.... probably August/September 2021.

In short. Just dissappointed.

"I think it's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff because otherwise you become a kind of a parody of what you started out doing. You can't go out and play the greatest hits every time." - Janick Gers 2010

"Firstly, we are very pleased to tell you that we’ve managed to reschedule all our European own-shows on the Legacy Of The Beast tour for June/July 2021" - Rod Smalwood about 4th year of LOTB, 2020
So entitled. Shame on Maiden for giving people what they paid for.

It seems they’re trying to bake the canceled dates into already made 2021 plans. This makes me think of a few possibilities:
1: Legacy of the Beast was already planned for a fourth leg
2: New album for 2021 but the touring will be part of the LOTB apparatus now (maybe the album is also called LOTB?)
3: Everything delayed a year, which means new album cycle will now be in 2022.

Third possibility would be a bold move, assuming Maiden has another 2 year touring cycle in them by 2022 (plus another 2 year nostalgia tour because I’m sure they don’t want their last tour to be for a new album). Is Maiden prepared to replace nicko?

Yup. However, I think they just might add one if the situation allows it.

For a UK band they could easily fit in a London gig, no matter how tight their schedule is.

I'd therefore speculate that a UK gig is already in line for what ever other tour dates they have planned for 2021.

The fact he says in "some guise" would suggest to me that it's not LOTB.

Precisely. And I doubt they'd only tour the markets that are still without LOTB show; there's no way they'd book another year of LOTB just because a couple of countries didn't get that show. The key here being the difference between cancelling and rescheduling LOTB shows. As the NZ/AU/etc. leg is now cancelled, they're definitely going back there sooner or later, but there's no... any kind of obligation to drag on LOTB just for that alone and give it another, previously unplanned spin around Americas and/or Europe anyway.

So yeah, if someone's still afraid that we'll get yet another round of LOTB in 2022, I highly doubt that.

I think we will see the new album tour start next year in the Americas after LOTB ends.

The press release states they have a very busy year in 2021 with other plans already in place, and mentions returning to Asia/Aus/NZ in "some other guise" in 2022.

No Maiden for me last year, this year or next summer. Not really willing to travel outside Finland (non-Corona reasons). I think I'll hold on to my Rockfest tickets though. I guess they need that money more than me. :)

2: New album for 2021 but the touring will be part of the LOTB apparatus now (maybe the album is also called LOTB?)

As Lego has just said above, it looks likely that the new album tour is planned for 2021. The resceduled dates are really squeezed into a no-nonsense tight 4 week period, they aren't doing that for the good of their health.

I don't think that it will be part of LOTB as you suggest though. As I said, not rescheduling a UK date is conspicuous, they booked new gigs in Antwerp and Arnhem, so they could have easily booked a new UK date. I think they didn't because they must have at least one scheduled as part of their other 2021 plans.

Im not even complaining (yet), becauce of course COVID-19 ruined the plans to see this years so..but Im a bit sad for the next year as I don't know if I have a chance to see them. I might be studying new profession in life, might be working or living in some other city here. I hope so atleast.
As of Maiden, I hope, maybe I will get chance and go see Maiden with my friend (who has been there with me seeing Maiden many times).
Do you think that there isn't any new festival-dates added to the 2021? Maybe they will start the new album tour in 2022..
This current situation was not the kind of I was expecting at all..why oh why have to 14 dates and let so many fans without their (almost) yearly dose of live Iron Maiden? I would have seen them book full tours if new album was coming 2021..not sure how you feel of this.

As Lego has just said above, it looks likely that the new album tour is planned for 2021. The resceduled dates are really squeezed into a no-nonsense tight 4 week period, they aren't doing that for the good of their health.

I don't think that it will be part of LOTB as you suggest though. As I said, not rescheduling a UK date is conspicuous, they booked new gigs in Antwerp and Arnhem, so they could have easily booked a new UK date. I think they didn't because they must have at least one scheduled as part of their other 2021 plans.
Yeah this has gotta be one of the shortest tours they've ever done since the very early days. Clearly leaving a TON of room for further activity later next year.

It sucks covid-19 is pushing everything back and that we will have to wait longer for a new album/tour. While I said before I would prefer a new album tour over another leg of LOTB I admire the band for trying to honor their commitment to all the fans/countries that are missing out on them this year. Cry if you want, but these are weird times we're living in right now. Good news is that the plan to stick around for awhile longer

This coronavirus is very relative ... Doesn't it seem crazy to me that the new album will be announced, finished in July 2021 and released in September, to go on tour in November?

So entitled. Shame on Maiden for giving people what they paid for.

It seems they’re trying to bake the canceled dates into already made 2021 plans. This makes me think of a few possibilities:
1: Legacy of the Beast was already planned for a fourth leg
3: Everything delayed a year, which means new album cycle will now be in 2022.

Third possibility would be a bold move, assuming Maiden has another 2 year touring cycle in them by 2022 (plus another 2 year nostalgia tour because I’m sure they don’t want their last tour to be for a new album). Is Maiden prepared to replace nicko?

This was my initial reaction as a hardcore fan. Also, people paid. But the situation in the world is different now. A lot of us will be travelling to those shows across Europe. Will travel even be possible then? Even for 2021 there is a lot of questions.

I think rescheduling LOTB III was a favour from IM managment to European promoters to help them out in these times, since they would need to return money to people. So, this is more IM helping European promoters. It all depends how they approach this leg. Europe has already seen LOTB and there is 1 year of time so they can easily incorporate 2-3 new songs into the set with some new theatrics. If they do this it could be very cool, especially since the shows are much bigger on this run. But if it's all the same, it's stupid IMO.

On the other hand, time is going on. They are old. I really don't want to see them replacing members, just for the sake of going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back