Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a difference between having hope and being realistic. We all have hope that this will work out but still realistically speaking - chances for that are slim.

Yeah I don't think it's likely that we'll see the majority of the population vaccinated until late 2021, and even then with the amount of anti-vax idiots that have appeared over the last few years I'm wondering if they'll fuck it all up for us anyway.

Frankly there's not a chance in hell that by June we'll have enough of Europe vaccinated to allow a major tour to happen.

No. However, the percentage of the population that has got the jab is insignificant and, moreover, highly unlikely to attend a Maiden gig, so things probably have not changed at all.

I personally think that the earliest Maiden would tour would be in 2022.
Seems the very elderly population are in line for it first? It'd be great for a new Bruce stage rap "Finally! We're no longer older than the audience!"

I see where you guys are aiming at, TBH I completely understand you.
It is said, pessimists are disappointed optimists and no wonder we don't look at 2021 so bright after what happened last year.
Numbers, statistics and history don't really predict that LOTB tour is going to happen in less than 7 months.

But just for the sake of argument, I'm going to take the other side.
I'm going to be that smiling Jim Carrey from "Dumb and Dumber" when he is told that his odds are one in a million.

Here’s what I got.

https://trommelmusic.com/news/unum-...nment-confirm-rapid-testing-for-2021-edition/
TL;DR Albanian government working with festival organizers on rapid COVID testing before the festivals.
True, this is a small festival and one country only, but it could serve as a starting point for some bigger things.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/touring/9481166/ticketmaster-vaccine-check-concerts-plan
TL;DR Ticketmaster plans to check your vaccine status for concerts
Now this one is a bit shady and if I got it right will first work in the US. But, that same system was also implemented against ticket scalpers and we all now Rod and Maiden jumped on that wagon.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpubh.2020.567184/full
COVID-19 is a “seasonal” disease.
TL;DR As predicted, the number of people who had symptoms of COVID-19 dropped during spring/summer, only to drastically rise in the autumn/winter.

So, if the numbers start dropping mid-spring + the number of people vaccinated + the number of people who already got over COVID + mass and quick testings before the concerts/festivals + some other restriction (reducing the audience number and similar) = don’t tell me that doesn’t raise the odds to at least two in a million.

OK, a lot of it is unknown and that what is known is pointing at the grim year in front of us.
But I’d rather think “Well, maybe I might see Maiden next summer.” than “This is all going to end poorly and nobody can do anything about it.”
I’m not delusional, I see what is going out of my window, but happy thoughts make happy Spambot.
And if/when the tour is canceled, well, I’ll just aim my false hopes in some other direction (new albums or something else perhaps).

What you write makes some sense, but it does not help me and I guess there's gonna be quite a few in the same situation as me. This year I am travelling to see them. So i have to arrange flights and hotel without knowing if it will happen and risking a positive test at the door! Can you imagine, travelling, spending a lot of money only to be denied entry at the door, because some stupid motherfucker sneazed or coughed next to you without a mask. Also how do you reduce capacity at shows that are already sold out? Finally we are not sure the disease is seasonal. Numbers were reduced due to lockdowns plus the fact that during summer people gather outside and not so much inside. I still haven't arranged our trip to Paris and I don't see me arranging anything yet. I would love for it to happen, in a safe way of course, but chances are not with us I fear.

You are a harbinger of doom ... :mad:

And even if this proves correct, I don't think anyone will be saying "wow @GhostofCain , thanks for the heads up there!" :lol:

No worries, my scientist’s thoughts are given completely for free in Open Access without expecting people’s gratefulness or even recognition. ;)

On a related note, I am definitely not going to invest my money on tickets for gigs that are even less likely to happen than a Brexit deal! :lol:

The tour is going to depend on most if not all countries involved lifting restrictions. How many countries still having restrictions would mean the tour isn't viable any more....

The tour is going to depend on most if not all countries involved lifting restrictions. How many countries still having restrictions would mean the tour isn't viable any more....

I reckon they might take the hit and play any date that's possible just to get the thing over and done with. But saying that, as things stand now, I don't see any date being possible:lol:

The possibility of getting a new album is low if they can't promote it.

Well, other bands already released (or will release) albums next year and they for sure don't know if they can tour for them.

Maiden albums are expensive advertisements for tours. They’ve said as much before. They’re not going to make an album they can’t tour on. Otherwise they would’ve put an album out this year.

They can SELL IT, in the meantime.
If you can't sell a tour, a new studio album is the second most logical and easiest thing to sell. Maiden has millions of fans around the globe, it will/would be another success, on selling terms. We all know that. And Maiden should know that, as well...

Maiden albums are expensive advertisements for tours. They’ve said as much before. They’re not going to make an album they can’t tour on. Otherwise they would’ve put an album out this year.

This pandemic year would have been the most suitable year to release a new studio album, instead. People at home, people who save money by not purchasing any Live tickets or anything related with any "Live" thing. Give them some brand NEW Maiden and they would be super happy. That's what I think.

And it's not a thought I would have for any band. But I think works fine for Maiden: there are millions of Maiden fans who collect their studio releases (at least), so it will be a 100% certain sell. Much more than books, new live albums, beers, t-shirts, or stuff.

I'll tell you more. Sell the album in 2020 and tour it in 2022 (or whenever possible). Logic would go **** itself, yes, but you've got 2 years to only sell the album copies. And once you put out the tour tickets, so many people will have already bought the album... For boredom, for loyalty, for collectionism's sake... I don't know, but they'll do, if it's the only big Maiden-related purchase in 2 years time. Probably more people than ever, compared to those typical cases when you "have to" buy both the new album and the tour tickets pre-sales in a couple of months' time.

Last edited:
They can SELL IT, in the meantime.
If you can't sell a tour, a new studio album is the second most logical and easiest thing to sell. Maiden has millions of fans around the globe, it will/would be another success, on selling terms. We all know that. And Maiden should know that, as well...

Except that hardly anyone would buy it. Most people will stream it on Spotify or iTunes or whatever, and the band is making no money off that. The portion of fans who would actually buy the physical product is probably just enough to cover the production and distribution cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back