Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been raised by someone else already but with a lot of bands now putting on virtual experiences (e.g. Trivium, some of Wacken performances) do you think this would work in lieu of being able to put on normal shows

We had some of that in 2006 when they played in Abbey Road. And I like see them in that way like they rehearse before a tour.
I liked some virtual Wacken performances…Blind Guardian and Kreator. Both were fantastic but the virtual environment didn't like me at all. Even the pyro was virtual and the frontmen were talking like if the people stayed there. It's not like a real gig. The feedback is not there and it looks like a fake thing.

Same feeling here, 7th one. A live show is the combination of: the band, the music and the fans. Without the interaction of the crowd (the "oh oh oh's" for instance) it's indeed not a "real" live one.

Yeah I'd love a Maiden live in the studio thing like the Abbey Road thing. Even if they just shot it in their rehearsal space.

Do a fresh setlist with some deeper cuts or songs rarely played live, maybe a new song too. Could be absolutely magic.

This would involve all of Iron Maiden being in the same room at the same time. Steve is probably in The Bahamas, Dave in Hawaii, Nicko in Florida, Bruce in Paris and the other two possibly Somewhere in England. Not going to happen.

Yeah unfortunately the logistics of doing this with an absolute guarantee of safety are practically impossible.

If it was a decent setlist with something a bit different than the usual I'd be more than happy to pay for a virtual Maiden gig.
These virtual gigs are good things for bands to do while the can't earn any money from touring, but Iron Maiden don't need to do this so I wouldn't be too excited to pay for a streamed in-studio concert without some extra perks or a contribution to charity. It would also feel very limp without Bruce charging around and Janick throwing his guitar everywhere.

It would also feel very limp without Bruce charging around and Janick throwing his guitar everywhere.
They've said in various interview that they get some of their energy from the audience - if there was no audience it wouldn't be anything like the same kind of performace they would be able to give :(

And what is Janick doing in a hardware store? I heard he played a medley of some of his best solo´s there. He nailed it.
bNsTIB6.gif

The real answer: buying a cheap kettle ... :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back