LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at that Sonisphere too, but was unimpressed that Pendulum were on the bill at all. They were quite good fun but they had no place subheadlining a Rock festival. I'm glad you enjoyed getting a piss bottle in the face though.
Aye, I thought they had no place there either but I like a bit of heavy dance, especially live and I thoroughly enjoyed them.
I have another piss bottle story from that period between Pendulum and Maiden. So there was a girl about 10m back from me who kept getting up on someones shoulders and lifting her top up. I was alerted to this by the cheers from the crowd. On the 4th or 5th occasion, somebody hit her right in the face with an open bottle of what I assume was piss, it knocked her clean off the guys shoulders. Very funny. Well, assuming that she lived, its funny.
Personally, I could do without this tradition of piss throwing but it has its moments.

1988, Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour. Technically Adrian's played it exactly twice since then; both times Janick was unable to do so. Janick's been playing the Hallowed solo for far longer than Adrian has at this point and Adrian could've took it back in 1999 anyway. He didn't, and judging by how he kept changing it through the 80s, seemingly unhappy with it, I'm just going to say it: the second solo in Hallowed Be Thy Name belongs to Janick now. People whining about it 20 years into the reunion lineup really need to get over it.
Cheers, 20mins of Hallowed solo comparison coming right up.

WTF is that ending by Davey on Hallowed solo...

LMAO.
I actually thought that was pretty good!
Something that stood out to me last year was the differences in the solos. At a Maiden gig I'm usually in a beautiful comfort zone and I liked the fact that they changed a few bits and pieces. I wouldn't know solos note for note but big changes stand out (Wicker Man, for example) and I like it. I'm not saying that the new way is better but as a long term fan and concert goer, I like it when I'm pulled out of my reverie.

RE Hallowed solos over the years; Adrians is better but its not so good that I mourn its disappearance and Janicks fits the vibe, for me, nice and frantic. I especially like the way Janick come in with the bend. So, ideally it would be Janicks intro bend and speed but with Adrains musicality. Either way, I'm probably doin air bass and not really paying attention to the solo.

I think Dave's solo in The Number of the Beast is even worse:lol:
What on earth is he thinking. Maybe Janick should get it :lol:

Regarding the Hallowed solos.. I think chaotic solos work really well for that part. It's quite fast and hectit, Dave and Janick can both play very messy and chaotic. Adrian isn't the type for it. Maybe that's why I like Janick better for Hallowed than Adrian. And I like the version Dave did on the clip above.

There is a change in the stage design. The stained glasses are kept for Flight of Icarus before being removed for Fear of the Dark. I actually thought the dark background worked really well for Flight of Icarus. Wonder what the idea is.

Dio & Motorhead were the best openers Maiden's had. I wish I could've seen that tour.

Didn't Black Sabbath headline Ozzfest 2005? Was Ozzy sick in some dates?

Yes. Ozzy was sick for the Indy show, and thus IM got an extra 20 minutes. I wish they had gotten to do a full headlining set so that I could see them do Remember Tomorrow. Otherwise it was a great show. It's too bad Sharon didn't give them the respect they deserved with the pranks played during their final gig on Ozzfest a few weeks later.

WTF is that ending by Davey on Hallowed solo...

LMAO.
I actually rather enjoy that. Adds a new twist.
But the janick bashing, in all honesty in my opinion, out of all 3, dave has dropped off the most in terms of stylization on new material as well as the old stuff. That NOTB solo previously shared was horrendous

Good screenshots from Atlanta.

Bruce looks like he has a cold. He is coughing during pauses in singing, which explains his struggling.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the humidity and allergens got to him, too. I woke up the day after the show with my sinuses totally backed up and unable to breathe.

Mr. Rodney Smallwood started tapping his censor hammer nervously about 12:45 in this video.

It didn't take long for Bruce to hint a new album. 2nd night of the tour...
This video isn't available to me for some reason. Can you let me know what Bruce actually said? Did he confirm that the next album has been completed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back