LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talkin of Flight of Icarus, is it in a different key now? Seems heavier, bit more of a rumble to the whole thing. Any of you clued-in people know? Maybe its the tone of the durms or some shit but definitely has a different flavour, more than can be explained by the extra guitarist.

Dunno, its more than that to my ears. The new soundman certainly makes a difference, certainly more bassy than it has been but Id still swear that one of them motherfuckers is in drop D for Icarus. Im sure someone has looked and will correct me. Although, live, in the flesh, the drum sound stood out most to me so maybe thats all it is. Either way, deadly tune.

Adrian has been known to play in Drop D while the other guys stay in standard. Not sure they’re doing that on FOI, but they could.
Could they? I can actually tell you for a fact Adrian isn't playing in Drop D on Icarus, but I'm curious if the song's even in the key of D and I'm too lazy to do the work and check it myself. I know Adrian's played a few songs with a Drop D tuned guitar despite the key of the song not matching but that's a whole another discussion.

Talkin of Flight of Icarus, is it in a different key now? Seems heavier, bit more of a rumble to the whole thing. Any of you clued-in people know? Maybe its the tone of the durms or some shit but definitely has a different flavour, more than can be explained by the extra guitarist.

Same key, but sounds heavier as it was played much closer to the original version than in 1983-1986 (and I thank them for that: it was one of the highlights of the shows I attended last year!).

Could they? I can actually tell you for a fact Adrian isn't playing in Drop D on Icarus, but I'm curious if the song's even in the key of D and I'm too lazy to do the work and check it myself. I know Adrian's played a few songs with a Drop D tuned guitar despite the key of the song not matching but that's a whole another discussion.

FOI is F# minor. It always was and still is. H is playing in standard and has always played FOI in standard (from guitar-playing point of view, drop D makes no sense on this song).

If you are interested, H is playing FOTD, TNOTB, IM and RTTH in drop D on this tour. All other songs are standard.

Good info, Matic.
Aye, maybe its just the drum tone that is twistin my melon, man.
Ghost, never really listened to anythin other than recorded or LAD. You have now given me somethin to do for the next 20mins :okok:

FOI is F# minor. It always was and still is. H is playing in standard and has always played FOI in standard (from guitar-playing point of view, drop D makes no sense on this song).

If you are interested, H is playing FOTD, TNOTB, IM and RTTH in drop D on this tour. All other songs are standard.
Yeah, I know. It's why I said I know for a fact he's not playing in drop D. I actually remembered the key of the song too after making the post but I was too lazy to edit it in. Still think it's a bit of a shame he switched to standard for Hallowed way back, what, in 2005 or something? I miss that grunt it added, even if it's ultimately not that necessary when you're hearing the song live.

But hey, on the actual topic, Flight of Icarus does indeed sound heavy as balls on this tour. I think it's down to both the tempo and the additional rhythm guitar presence. Plus the simple fact that the live mix is great and Maiden's modern guitar tones are much, much heavier than the 1980s by themselves already.

And let's be real, it's a song built around a pretty heavy-sounding drum pattern. Nicko's floor tom is absolutely massive (18x18") so it really isn't a surprised it sounds like a cannon going off in the arena. The bass just adds to it.

Nicko's drums sound was really heavy and powerful when I saw them last year. Maybe that's one of the factors.

Nicko's drums sound was really heavy and powerful when I saw them last year. Maybe that's one of the factors.
Definitely. I remember The Wicker Man's intro so very clearly because Adrian's overdrive-laden rhythm tone coming in super hot was mesmerizing, and then you get Nicko hitting the toms for the intro. The whole place felt like it was shaking, it was crazy intense. I'm really happy with both their new sound guy and Nicko going back to Sonor, because his drums sounded absolutely fantastic throughout.

I've checked ticket sales results for American tours of MUSE (starting in few weeks) and Ozzy's and must say - in many cases Maiden seems do even better or so same. It's a long time to start, so many dates and probably Americans buy more tickets pretty close to the show... As I said we must wait a lot to tell something more. I hope Rod will decide to add some interesting and more popular support than TRA (oh my Gosh).

American leg of LOTB tour, of course. Why not? In Europe there were some dates supported by TRA/Killswitch Engage combo.

American leg of LOTB tour, of course. Why not? In Europe there were some dates supported by TRA/Killswitch Engage combo.
But that was announced when the tour was originally announced. They wouldn't add anything after the tour has been announced and has already been planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back