LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2019 NA tour is their most extensive in ages, headlining huge venues, and some of the markets are quite close. Dates were announced much earlier than usual in NA and some shows are seeing slow sales.

Is this a result of Maiden's popularity decline in NA? Is it the result of other mainstream tours happening at the same time? Are The Raven Age to blame? Are some fans worrying too much about things?

My advice would be: keep calm and carry on. Sales would probably pick up closer to the dates of the shows and, if it doesn't happen they might end up adding some other special guests. Either way, I doubt Rod is depressed...

I'm waiting to get my ticket closer to the actual date of the concert. I assume lots of other people are doing the same. Have tickets gone on sale this early before?

I think slow ticket sales are a combination of three things: Raven Age, Judas Priest/Uriah Heep tour and Ozzy/Megadeth tour happening around the same time.

I think slow ticket sales are a combination of three things: Raven Age, Judas Priest/Uriah Heep tour and Ozzy/Megadeth tour happening around the same time.

The Judas Priest tour is unlikely to have much of an impact: they play half empty venues in NA of a much smaller size than those headlined by Maiden.

Last edited:
Sales for Ozzy/Megadeth aren't impressive too. You're right - we must wait I can't believe in Maiden's rapid popularity decline after stream of successful tours in the nearest past... Maybe on April/May sales figures tend to increase a bit?! I hope so...

Trivia: I've calculated the sales results very carefully lately... and according to my own point of view (including total capacity of particular venues - not Pollstar/Billboard figures based on random infos from the main distribution services/streams) 36 dates in North America are able to hold even circa 700.000 fans - average capacity reaching number of 19k per gig!!! Huge numbers for classic heavy metal tour in the fever of summer live shows rush in North America. Refering to my calculations of today (11 January 2019) total sales (verify with Mexico too) achieved estimated number of +/- 60 % (36 shows, around 400k fans) of aggregated capacities . Some places are not that bad as many observers suggested so far: (NYC, LA, Montreal, Quebec, Pittsburgh, Calgary, Portland or so) but there're few markets where sales are extremaly poor, e.g..: Nashville, Las Vegas, Mansfield (surprising), Phoenix, New Mexico. I've found all of that weird 'cos so many times in the past Maiden attracted the strong amounts of fans out there. Did they disappointed with band's proposition this time?! I'm expecting nearly to the beggining of the tour, sales'll increase a lot. Expensive tickets for Maiden and the other legendary acts tours (Ozzy, KISS or so) couldn't help to accelerate the final results up... So, most of the rock/metal fans even in America have to calculate and decide which concert ticket they should buy first. Finally I decided not to check the current sales results on seating maps until the second week of forthcoming April 2019. I've found this period as reliable to estimating anticipated progressing or just stopping the sales results. I'm expecting to find many seats unavailable after the three next months of spare time. I finally can't believe the most of American fans just turned their backs on the Irons!

But why are prices in U.S. so expensive? There's a shit ton of venues all over the place. Also y'know people might not have the money now, they might save it up and buy a ticket at later date...

The Four Horsemen of the Maidenpocalypse:

Dennis Wilcock as Famine, for he has been starved of recognition for his contributions towards some of Iron Maiden's biggest ever hits.
fekso as Pestilence, because the guy was literally a plague.
Bazza as War, for his endless crusade against them.
RLonger as Death, as he has foretold that the end is nigh.

I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Just current observation spoiled with some kind of wicked premonitions - nothin' more. Surely I'm not trolling or mocking people out there. Maybe I'm too panic - vibe (a little) :) LOTB Tour is phenomenal it's a pity if Maiden would find empty venues on American soil! So I hope more fans prefer buying tix closer to the shows this time...

I haven’t even really thought about the Maiden tour yet. Around feb/March I’ll start seriously planning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back