LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBOS and the TBOS tour achieved a bit of a comeback status. Not only because of the length of time between Final Frontier, the never-ending Maiden England tour, and finally getting back to business, but also Bruce's illness and the concern that he might not even survive, let alone be able to sing again. The hype carried it.

I've checked the seating plans for North American tour leg 2019, may say there's some progress in sales but far away from results we remember from 2017 fans reaction. Little strange when we noticed the setlist and stage set seem to be a wet dream of potentially metalhead or Maiden - fan. It's hard to believe in but maybe we're witnessing the first prolegomenas of band's status declining. I'd like to be wrong of course.
Are you on commission or something? Why do you keep going on about Maiden's decline? o_O

I couldn't get good tickets in Indy or Calgary, so it seems to be selling fine.

No, I'm well payed man with my own business. I state all of this comparing the ticket sales from tour to tour. "TBOS Tour" was a big success in terms of ticket sales and band's excellent conditions. Bruce's return to astonshing form was a special bonus. European leg of current LotB Tour was the spectacular achievement too, but now, next level for them - American legs seem to be less exciting especially in some territories where Iron Maiden have always had a strong fallowing from the fans, I mean Boston, NY, Hartford, some cities in California. Maybe this state is a result of revealing the whole tour very early, even nine months before start alongside with Ozzy and Kiss farewell American treks, but final results in term of sales seem to be pretty mediocre, disappointing at this moment. I only hope the results may vary in next 3 months or so, when more fans decide to buy some tix and group booking proper supporting special guest to attract some more attendees. To me Brooklyn show sales are specially poor noticing last year they sold out Barclay Center two nights in the row. This time management left some spare days off to book just another night, but I think there's no need to add next gig this time. NYC was always band's hot ground in States, so I think something must be wrong with fans reaction to the new Maiden tour.

The one biggest factor in slow ticket sales is that they put the tickets on sale damn near a year ahead of the shows. Six months is usually the longest. I guess it's normal for Europe... but here in the states, to get us to plan something out that far in advance is a pain in the ass. Everybody I know is like, "I'll see what tickets are left once the show gets closer."
And then, for me, personally, and I can't be the only one... since I have to travel for a show, I can't plan anything yet because the airline I use isn't even showing fares that far in advance. Remember, Eurofolk, we don't have a real train system here.
And then, the final kicker, is that if I can't plan in advance, and who knows if I can even get the days off of work, why in the hell am I going to spend a hundred bucks on a pit ticket that, if I'm not able to make it to the show, I can't transfer or resell? Again, I appreciate the anti-scalper stance of Maiden... but... I'm just supposed to eat the hundred bucks?
So, to sum up... I don't think slow sales have anything to do with a decline of Maiden, I think they have to do with bad tour planning, in regards to announcement timing and ticket on-sale dates. Waaaay too far off for most Americans to be thinking about.
And, they didn't book Denver, which totally sucks.
:angry-:

THX, you've given to me a well - optimized doze of hope. Yeah, Denver has always been the stron market for them. I can admit I don't know the reality of American habits of planing something and reacting for consuming - impules as the customers. So same as you I suppose whole tour was announced a way too early, so maybe they're going to add better special guest than TRA (OMG!!!)

I had notice that Bruce has stopped introducing the band members on some of the last songs in the encore or the last song, as usual.

He did not introduced them on the current LOTB tour and on the previous TBOS tour.

The one biggest factor in slow ticket sales is that they put the tickets on sale damn near a year ahead of the shows. Six months is usually the longest. I guess it's normal for Europe... but here in the states, to get us to plan something out that far in advance is a pain in the ass. Everybody I know is like, "I'll see what tickets are left once the show gets closer."
And then, for me, personally, and I can't be the only one... since I have to travel for a show, I can't plan anything yet because the airline I use isn't even showing fares that far in advance. Remember, Eurofolk, we don't have a real train system here.
And then, the final kicker, is that if I can't plan in advance, and who knows if I can even get the days off of work, why in the hell am I going to spend a hundred bucks on a pit ticket that, if I'm not able to make it to the show, I can't transfer or resell? Again, I appreciate the anti-scalper stance of Maiden... but... I'm just supposed to eat the hundred bucks?
So, to sum up... I don't think slow sales have anything to do with a decline of Maiden, I think they have to do with bad tour planning, in regards to announcement timing and ticket on-sale dates. Waaaay too far off for most Americans to be thinking about.
And, they didn't book Denver, which totally sucks.
:angry-:
This. Usually for NA tours they announce in Nov and the tour starts in Feb. This time it's July....too far off for alot of folks is my guess, too. Even I don't have tix yet. Will wait till closer to the show.

Slayer, Anthrax, Chuck Billy's Squad, Nervosa was added to current line up of "Metal Day" Rock In Rio Festival. Perfect!

I really want Maiden to play one extra song in Rock in Rio next year (as tribute to RIR 2001), and ATG will be the ultimate and perfect surprise... :p

But they did not do that for RIR 2013, but the current tour is so special with this incredible stage set and the setlist (The Clansman and SOTC again in RIR), so I will keep dreaming....

I predict that on the final show of the tour, Maiden will have an extra encore to perform a special song, with orchestra - Empire of the Clouds. One time only for posterity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back