Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have said, this "eighties" comment in the press release has me worried. Wasn't it just three years ago Rod was telling us "this will be the last of our three tours with an historical perspective"? On the other hand, this could just be press release lingo designed to cater to the casual fan, and perhaps the set will truly be a career-spanning one a la 1999/2003.

"A handful of surprises" is nice, but again, I fear we may be looking at nothing but the usual suspects- FOTD (obviously), and maybe a tune or two off BNW.

I reeeeally hope Nicko makes his case for 22AA/SIASL/ATG... all tunes he's name-dropped multiple times when asked if there are any songs he really wants to do live.

Not that it really matters to me, because I'm fairly certain I can't afford a trip to Europe next year :facepalm:

Maiden is not going to be touring much longer. Going to Europe is not an option for me so hopefully they will be in striking distance in NA sometime in 2019.
Same here. I'm torn though- I'd hate to miss this tour, but I reeeeally don't want this "hits" thing to last more than one summer. New album+tour is more important at this stage in my opinion.

I can easily see a new album by autumn/winter 2019, one new song played on the 2019 Legacy tour.
The only non-album tours Ive seen are Early Days and TFF First Leg so maybe Im not fatigued with the 80s stuff but the thought of a Maiden Best Of tour in the summer is exciting enough to me. Ok, not new album levels of excitement but better than a kick in the dick, all the same.

Guys, isn't there a legend/rumour that Alexander the Great was killed by a mosquito bite? :eek:

mosquito.png

Guys, isn't there a legend/rumour that Alexander the Great was killed by a mosquito bite? :eek:

mosquito.png

If that pic means Lord of the Flies and the Clansman among the surprises, this tour got a lot more interesting.
Add in Icarus...

Eh. Knowing them, they would have had to start writing by now for this to happen.
Start to write in january, enter studio in february, finish by march/april. LOTB tour next summer, album release in september.

How many times did we hope they would finally play Alexander The Great when it came to those 80's nostalgia tours set lists?

Once and for all, let's face it, it won't happen, never! They are too bloody lazy to do it.

Interested to see what the centrepiece epic of the set will be, could Rime make a return? Or even Alexander?

I think 2 Minutes to Midnight, Run to the Hills and The Evil That Men Do are nailed on as returning 80s hits along with the four given classics: Trooper, NOTB, Iron Maiden and FOTD. Wasted Years and Can I Play With Madness too.

As for reunion material I hope they branch out from BNW and don't just settle for Wicker Man and Blood Brothers. I wouldn't mind seeing Coming Home instead of the latter taking up the 'ballad' slot and I think we'd all agree AMOLAD material is criminally underplayed.

I wouldn't be surprised if FTGOG turned up based on the teaser- then again, when has anything Maiden does ever made that much sense? :D

I'm stuck with which shows I should go to. July is probably awkward for me, but the shows early in the tour look fine. I can't make it to the London show as I'll be at Bloodstock festival that weekend. Massive dick move to put a show on that weekend. Aberdeen, Belfast and Birmingham are possible.

@Niall Kielt I assume you'll be going to Belfast? @CriedWhenBrucieLeft too, or Aberdeen as it's on a Saturday?

I'm really happy about Killswitch Engage supporting though. I know they won't excite a lot of Iron Maiden fans though but I've always enjoyed them and it's been nearly eleven years since the one time I saw them.

mosquito.png
There is, actually. Not sure how accurate it is though. This could be referring to Lord of the Flies- though I'm pretty sure the flies in that book weren't mosquitos.

Start to write in january, enter studio in february, finish by march/april. LOTB tour next summer, album release in september.

Sounds like too tight of a schedule. They started writing TBOS in September 2014 and had it released in September 2015. Granted, Bruce's cancer delayed the release, but I don't think it was by as much to allow for such a schedule to be likely this time.

Sounds like too tight of a schedule. They started writing TBOS in September 2014 and had it released in September 2015. Granted, Bruce's cancer delayed the release, but I don't think it was by as much to allow for such a schedule to be likely this time.
Not at all... here's a quote from Nicko on Feb 27 2015 after the announcement of Bruce's cancer:

"We have made an album. The album was ready to go this year… and it still is. When I say 'was,' we were planning on going out and doing some work around the album, which now, we're all just holding on..."

I think that Eddie in "black face" for the Book of Souls tour didn't cause the "controversy" that Rod hoped for, so they are going to try and be even more provocative on this tour, and the Blacksmith pictured is the clue that Adrian is going to be performing "al jolson" style on this tour!

Could be. But Kevin Shirleys comments about them maybe having studio work in the future were interesting. He wouldn't have said that if studio wasn't booked. Maybe they'll start to write after this tour and enter the studio early next year.

For TFF the band brought together their individual bits of material and composed/rehearsed in Paris starting in mid-November '09 then took a break for Christmas.

They were in the studio in Jan '10 to record and in early May Kevin Shirley was releasing diaries saying they were in the final stages of production. We can conclude that the album was done by June 9th as that was when El Dorado was released, so TFF had a start to finish time of between 5 and 6 months.

With Book of Souls some of the writing/composition was done in the studio, the band seemed to like doing things this way so maybe we can expect a repeat, especially if the rumoured studio time is booked in Paris again. There were three months of studio time and a bit of finishing off in early 2015 so we can say it took about 4 months start to finish.

Bruce has been touring his book so it's probably safe to say there's been no band activity but individual members might have been writing.

It's therefore possible that they could record a new album before the tour but it would be pretty tight.

Interested to see what the centrepiece epic of the set will be, could Rime make a return? Or even Alexander?

I think 2 Minutes to Midnight, Run to the Hills and The Evil That Men Do are nailed on as returning 80s hits along with the four given classics: Trooper, NOTB, Iron Maiden and FOTD. Wasted Years and Can I Play With Madness too.

That would be incredible dull, given that they played those songs to death starting with the Somewhere Back In Time Tour.

If they won't redeem themselves by reviving long forgotten gems from the 80s like Killers, 22 Acacia Avenue, Flight of Icarus, Die With Your Boots On, Still Life, To Tame A Land, Sea of Madness, Stranger In A Strange Land or Infinite Dreams, this tour will be pointless in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back