Language topic

No, I can only really do one particular regional accent, and only modify it slightly so people from other regions can understand. Her impressions of accents were being affected by her natural accent.

Not offensive, no, I just didn't think very much of some of her accents! :p

Agreed, some of them were terrible :p I can't do much better, but as you said, a lot of her own accent showed through at all times.

The Scouser accent she put on wasn't bad, mostly I think I'm surprised that she didn't accentuate them further to an extreme. That Sean Bean Yorkshire attempt was attrocious.

anX1M65_460s_v1.jpg

Lol, reminds me of an Estonian one: tens of countries with words similar to "football" (futbol etc) and then Estonian with "jalgpall". Can't find the picture though.

Old Norse time?

The Swedish word for window - "fönster" comes from latin (fenestra). Window, however is Old Norse. A joining of the words for "wind" and "eye". Why we gave up on such a cool sounding word as vindöga (with a transparent meaning) for something as odd sounding as that...

Sometimes, a perfectly fine word is exchanged for something else. Norwegian, Danish and English retain the Old Norse word.

A bigger view on "tea" and "pineapple" (note how some islands, e.g. Lewis and Harris and Isle of Man, near Great Britain don't buy pineapples):
m4vrwr1h.jpg

iyjwkifh%20copy.jpg

Last edited:
Back